Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 4:21:39 AM EDT
Looking for a new Bushmaster. Have settled on a XM15 E2S "AK" A3 type. Checked prices on dozens of internet site: David's Guns, Gun America, Davidson's etc.etc.. Before I plop down the bucks, could anyone recommend a site or a dealer that is really dealing??????? That I might have overlooked...... Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:32:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:39:29 AM EDT
Thanks Ricker, I'll give him a shout. BTW-- looking for the best site to buy EOTech also..
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:47:00 AM EDT
ya know , if ya spent some money at your local shop and got to know them real well, ya can get some killer deals. I have managed to build my Franken-AR, buy a case of XM193 & SnB ammo, buy my 1750 pelican case all at wholesell/dealercost. I have also been able to order stuff from the store on my CC and jus have it shipped there at dealer cost, i do buy some small things at retail. But the prob, is the internet IS closing the storefronts. In my immediate area, I know of 2 gunshops that have closed their doors to the public and have gone internet only. which sux. Jus something to think about. my .02. On a side note, it does take time to build up a relationship w/ shop ppl b4 ya can get the deals, lol. Also there ARE cases where the internet is cheaper than the dealer can get stuff for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:48:43 AM EDT
K2 Sports in Richardson - I believe this is a shop run by AR15.com'ers... Also, there is a store near White Rock Lake that John232 recommends... This is the type of question to pose on the Texas Hometown board... You'll get 50 responses within 30 minutes... [sniper2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:53:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2003 4:58:14 AM EDT by michauxii]
Thanks Cutter, but I'm really trying to buy out of state. Dallas has 8.25% sales tax. On a gun, that would be $60 or so. I've seen some sites that were not charging shipping or had pretty reasonable shipping. That's what I'm really after. I do appreciate your taking time to respond. Thanks.. I'm fairly new to Dallas and have not had a chance to build up a rapport with a local dealer. The couple I have dealt with have been kinda s--tty. I do try to deal with locals when I can, called 5 shops yesterday. Their prices were almost straight retail..
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:43:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2003 6:44:56 AM EDT by _DR]
You can get a new Olympic AR from Military antiques in Forth worth (oldgunsupply.com), they ara n olympic dealer. I think they have a used Bushy for $800 as well. If you like DPMS K2 sports have some good deals. They are good guys to deal with. Gun masters in Plano has about 8 ARs, but the Bushy are pretty much retial. They do have an Armalite .308 and a preban 5.56 carbine for $1000 though. They stand behind theeir guns, a bought a century CETME from them that was problematic, they let me reutrn it for a full refund.
Top Top