Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2003 6:16:15 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

My new Colt M4 carbine has a politically correct pinned-on blast enhancer and I'd like to know what type of brake it is. Here's a pic:

Is it a MiCulek or some kind of Colt proprietary brake? Is there something better?

This leads me to my next question:

When the AWB sunsets next year I'd like to install a threaded A2 hider and telestock. Is it legal for me to possess an A2 hider and threading kit, as well as a telestock as long as I don't install it until after the ban sunsets? If it makes a difference I do have two preban Colts in my collection as well.

Lastly, is this were your carbine would you install an improved brake in he meantime or just wait until the ban expires? The blast doesn't really bother me, but I'm certainly not making any friends at the range when they're standing next to me on the firing line. I'm kicking around the idea of an alternative just so I stop pissing people off when the range is busy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CJan_NH

PS-I've been burying this board with questions lately. If I'm in danger of wearing out my welcome by asking too many please let me know. This website is too valuable a resource for me to squander it away by pissing off the staff.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:46:34 PM EDT
It is not a Miculek brake, but it is very similar. Don't know if its just a Colt thing or not. As for changing to a different brake, I wouldn't bother with it. Why spend the money right now when you can get what you really want in a less than a year. As for the the people at the range, rifles are loud they can deal with it. Just my opinion of course. At least you have prebans to play with now, I'm waiting for the ban to sunset and then my postbans will get the goods they deserve. Scott
Top Top