Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 10:47:44 AM EDT
Why were these rifles discontinued?  I would love to have one now.  Also, when the ban ends do ya'll think these rifles will see production again?  If not Colt then any other company?  Even if it were a post ban gun, I would still love to have one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought they did- at least for a year or in limited quantities. Maybe I was seeing things...
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, there are post ban Colt 9mm rifles out there, although it would be difficult to find one. I believe the LE only carbines are still produced by Colt. It's anyone's guess as to how Colt and other manufacturers will react when the ban sunsets (and not replaced, I mean).
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The whole mag adapter thing has kept me from buying one. I don't want to deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
As others have indicated, Colt did briefly make a post-ban "Match Target" in 9mm. There were also a BUNCH of them that never saw the light of day as complete rifles, but were instead turned into parts kits/upper conversions. J&T had some several years ago; I bought one. Folks didn't believe me when I told 'em my postban 9mm upper was all-Colt, but the markings were there.

If you want a complete post-ban 9mm carbine these days, you have to go with Rock River or Oly. I have an RRA upper now; good stuff.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Does Rock River produce complete rifles?  I think I'll go to there website.  Thanks for the input.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top