Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 6:22:02 PM EDT
Ok, I am thinking that i want to get and FFL license.  But i dont know what exactly the requirements are.  I have been reading some stuff on ATF.gov, but its confusing.  The way it seems, you can get a FFL is you want to start a business, but what about the average collector.  I want to be able to collect all the weapons i want, and but not be required to sell them.  If anyone knows the exact rules, can you please explain them, and not flame me, or just email me @ [email protected]    

thank you for your time everyone
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
bump*

I also wanna know.....so i can buy AR15s w/o having it shipped to someone i dont know. Also, how would one go about getting one of those CII or III licenses'?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/ffrrg/ltright.htm[/url]

I also wanna know.....so i can buy AR15s w/o having it shipped to someone i dont know.
View Quote
Yes. Go to a gunstore & buy one???

Tiltle 2 info,
[url]http://www.titleii.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
FFL will NOT be issued as a "Collector License". It is for the retail selling of firearms. You can keep some weapons to yourself, but you do need to sell.

I have even heard of Legit Dealers getting shut down because ATF would not renew their FFL, because they didn't sell "enough" firearms.

Basically, you will need a place to conduct business (must be zoned commercial), a business license, a background check, an interview with ATF agent(s), and the appropriate fees.

I think there is something else, but I can't remember...
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You can always get a C&R license and collect all those you want for $30 and no hassle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
So what you guys are saying is that the federal government will not give an individual citizen a firearms license to sell firearms, including full-auto UNLESS HE SELLS AND DISTRIBUTES ENOUGH FIREARMS INTO SOCIETY????

LOL!!!  That's government thinking for you!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can always get a C&R license and collect all those you want for $30 and no hassle.
View Quote

Whats a C&R? Can anyone give a little more info on this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Curio & Relic.Check out [url]www.cruffler.com[/url] for more info.ATF has a list out of all C&R firearms that you can order and have shipped directly to your house.Pick up an issue of Shotgun News and look at the dealers' ads.Firearms marked C&R elegible apply.Not to mention trade discounts at Brownells and some other companies.I made my 430 back in discounts from Brownells alone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll throw my .02 in too.  Please correct any errors I have since I am still very new to all of this.  
  A C&R is a type of FFL.  it is for a collector of older arms.  Guns like a Yugo SKS and CZ52 are both examples of C&R guns that are real popular right now for collectors.  You just have to fill out the application on the ATF web site and mail it in with your $30 (it might be $35 I can't remember).  In my area, I also had to notify my local sheriff that I was applying.  I don't know if this is a state law or federal, but I had to make him aware of my application.  No biggie.  For me it took quite a while to get it.  I have read people getting theirs in 30 days or so, mine was more like 3-4 months.  It is worth it to get one.  For one reason, you can have any gun that is C&R eligable shipped right to you, no FFL type 1 check needed.  Second, some places will give you very good discounts on all sorts of items like tools and such.
  There is one downside, sort of, to having a C&R and that is the bound book.  Every gun you buy that is C&R eligiable must be documented and the bound book can be examined by an ATF agent to make sure you are in compliance.  Sounds like big brother's gonna knock on your door but from what I have read, it's not that big of a deal at all.  You just have to submit to an audit of your books to make sure you are following all the rules.  Also, not a real biggie since you may never get audited.  It's all up to the ATF and how you pop on their radar.  Most people who have been audited have commented that the agents are very nice and it's a quick in and out proceedure.  I don't want to raise any serious concerns where they are not warranted.
 Whew!  Now that I've written friggin' War and Peace here, I hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top