Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2003 10:15:25 PM EDT
there aren't any outdoor ranges around here for me to zero my rifles at 100 meters. does anyone here know how i can battle zero my AR? at the indoor range i go to, the longest distance is 25 yards. help would be very appreciated. thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone will correct me if I am wrong here...

I believe that zeroing at 25 yards will also zero you at 100 yards for .223.  The bullet travels upwards, and then back down to have the same height at both 25 and 100 yards - so at 75 yards, your point of impact should be a little high.

Hard to explain without being able to draw it out...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
One 25 yard zero technique here:

[url]groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/25yardzeroingmethod.msnw[/url]

Even if I were shooting a 25 yard range, I think I'd still give the IBZ a try:

[url]groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So what is the definitive elevation a 50yd zero should cross a 25yd target?  Any IBZ guys with 14.5's or 16" bbls that have ever had to shoot accurately at 25 yards?  2" low?...more?  I've only heard "a little low".  But these guys limited to 25 yd ranges could sleep better at night knowing they had close to an IBZ by sighting in X.x" low at 25.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top