Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 5:09:07 PM EDT
Here's my RRA M4 Entry that I finally finished, for now.

Cost Break Down

Rifle                        $750
Single Point Sling & Mount   $65
(2) SA 80 Mags               $80
Sure Fire M97 (Used)         $50
Bushnell Holosight           $175
ARMS #40                     $90
ACE H&K Vertical Grip        $22
ACE Handguard Rail           $16

Total                        $1248

I don't think it turned out too bad warking on a budget.  About the only thing I would change, would be to add a Collapsable Stock and have a Phantom FS permanently installed once the ban expires.

FYI, the reason the Glock has a gray grip is because they didn't have black when I ordered it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice looking AR Hollywood, is that a Texas size flashlight mounted, forend grip looks like something off a old coffee grinder.(just poking fun)That is a very nice set up you have there.

TG [:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job, well done!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice...
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I got lucky finding the M97.  One of the Deputies I know went with a smaller light for his Enrty rifle and sold it to me.  It's normally a $300 light, and I got it for $50.  It lights up a house great at about 100 yards, which is why I got it because it is a perimeter rifle.  [b]Sure Fire - Behold, the Power of Light[/b]

So far it's only been a deer slayer.  Kind of an expensive gun to use to dispatch deer, gut it does an excellent job.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimless,

I like the Entry Stock.  I would prefer a collapsable stock, but I don't want to go through the BS and get a LEO weapon.  I'm 5'7" and use the CQB stance to square up with the target and maximize the use of my body armor.  So, it works great for me, otherwise with an A2 stock I'd strain to reach the handguard.

It shoots great.  I haven't had a chance yet to bench rest it to see how tight the groups are.  I've probably shot at least 700 rounds through it and haven't had a single problem yet.  I've use surplus USGI mags and the SA80's.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
what kind of magazine is that?  the whole for the mag catch isn't there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Inferno715,

The mag is a H&K SA 80 magazine.  They made them to try to fix some of the problems with the SA 80.  They're a lot stronger than USGI and have a Chrome follower.  Right now they're just LE or Govt.  But, if the ban sunsets, I'm sure they'll be available to others.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I like that. Gives me something to think about concerning my AWB sunset commemorative rifle build.  I've saved your pic for future reference.

Well done.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you like that bushnell holosight? Ive heard good and bad, but it seems like a good alternative to an EOtech for the price!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cost Break Down

Rifle                        $750
Single Point Sling & Mount   $65
(2) SA 80 Mags               $80
Sure Fire M97 (Used)         $50
Bushnell Holosight           $175
ARMS #40                     $90
ACE H&K Vertical Grip        $22
ACE Handguard Rail           $16

Total                      $1248
View Quote

Hey Hollywood, stop adding it up, you'll be alot happier in the long run.  I bought my first AR almost exactly one year ago.  Now I have three, working on a fourth.  Now i just throw the receipts away without even looking at them.  That way it's easier to justify them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#12]
A very newbie question, but what is the ARMS #4 for $90?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey rfab, the ARMS #40 is the flip-up rear sight.  If you look at the first pic, to the rear of the holo-sight, mounted on the upper, you'll see it in the folded position.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
How do you like that bushnell holosight? Ive heard good and bad, but it seems like a good alternative to an EOtech for the price!
View Quote

So far I like it.  Got mine on clearance and saved quite a bit of money.  I got the 1 moa dot which I prefer.  I don't really need the ruggerized hood, because I tend not to bang my rifle around too much.  The only thing is the clicks on the elevation adjustment aren't there.  It was a display model, so it could have gotten damaged.  I'll probabbly call Bushnell to see if they have anything to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Cost Break Down

Rifle $750
Single Point Sling & Mount $65
(2) SA 80 Mags $80
Sure Fire M97 (Used) $50
Bushnell Holosight $175
ARMS #40 $90
ACE H&K Vertical Grip $22
ACE Handguard Rail $16

Total $1248
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Hollywood, stop adding it up, you'll be alot happier in the long run. I bought my first AR almost exactly one year ago. Now I have three, working on a fourth. Now i just throw the receipts away without even looking at them. That way it's easier to justify them.
View Quote

Marraige is a 50/50 proposition and my wife isn't into guns as much as me.  Plus I'm kind of cheap, and am always looking for the best deal I can get.  As far as the receipts go,  I'll keep them for my Tax Accountant, so I can write them off, since I use it for work.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top