Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2003 9:07:12 PM EDT
I just got the old style battery cap for my M900a in the mail! It's the model without the master on/off switch.

I like it a lot better than the larger one with the switch.  It makes the M900a much more compact and does not hang as low.

I guess if I ever need a master switch I can go back to the newer one but either way I'm covered!

See the difference...

With the new style cap.

With the old style cap.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks cool but I just put magpuls on my mags to make mine look shorter lol.

What kind of knife is that?  I dont know jack about knives but that looks interesting.

Is that a SOE subload?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you found one and glad you like it. I have had my M900 since before they had the master switch and I have never changed to the new style for the same reason. I just like that the older one doesnt stick down as far.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
new-arguy,

I just called Surefire tech support and they sent me the old cap for free!  Great customer support!

DevL,

Yes, the mag carrier is a SOE Patrol subload.  Even though it carries 6 mags it not that bulky at all the 2" leg straps really cinch it on tight and it feels really solid with no movement even when running.

The knife is a Becker Knife and Tool Combat Bowie.  I was looking for a large survival/combat knife and after reading reviews on the Beckers decided to give it a try.  I originally was going to buy it and then step up to a Swamp Rat or Busse knife but it has been a very tough and excellent performer so I still haven't bought the more expensive knives yet. I also really love the Combat Bowies blade geometry too!

It has a 9" blade and has flat sabre grind, the steel it uses is a 0170-6c which is the same as Cold Steel's Carbon V!  Camillus which makes the Beckers is the OEM for Cold Steel so that's why they are able to offer these knives at such ridiculous low prices.  BTW, street price for these knives is about $60, but it performs very close to the $300 knives in it's class!

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/063807-big.jpg[/img]

Dang, did I just hijack my own thread?[:D]

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The new cap looks much better! Congrats
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
the new old style one looks better.  the newer one is kinda weird..too long.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Yes, the older model does seem to have a better profile, I wonder why Surefire couldn't put the switch in a cap closer in size to the orignal?

new-arguy,

Have you ever run your battery down when your carbine was stored due to not having the master switch?

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
[xx(] Yes I have... A couple time in fact. So, I started to unscrew the tail cap almost all the way when it is in the case on the way to the range. You have to take it almost all the way off before it is out enough for the batteries not to work. When I take it out I screw it back on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
How did you sweet-talk Surefire into sending you that cap?  I talked to a rep and while he was very pleasant, he charged 40-some bucks for the little bugger!  I politely declined.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How did you sweet-talk Surefire into sending you that cap?  I talked to a rep and while he was very pleasant, he charged 40-some bucks for the little bugger!  I politely declined.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

Actually, I asked how much it would be to purchase one and whoever I spoke to said they would send one to me at no charge...[BD]

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I asked the same question, only I got the REAL answer!  Oh well, $50 ain't cheap, but I won't whine like a liberal just because I'm not getting something for nothing.  I'm glad you had better luck than me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top