Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 3:58:14 PM EDT
I'm considering having a sear block removed from a Colt receiver. It's a double pin block. Can it be done? How much is a fair price? Any recommendation for someone who can do it well?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have found 2 places on the net that say they will remove the sear block. One is [url] www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com [/url]
The other place I found is John Norrell Arms [url] www.molyresin.com/products.asp [/url] I was tempted to try the John Norrell arms one. Mainly, because it says on the website that no refinishing is required and the inside pins are made flush. I guess that means no gaping hole in my lower receiver. However since I have only the one AR, and live in the PRK. I am kind of afraid to let it out of my hands for interstate travel. Next thing I know some gun grabbing BEEEEEP will pass a law that would prevent me from taking possesion of it again. (Yes, I am paranoid about all the CA BS.) So, I had a local gunsmith just "chew" out a piece of the sear block on my so far so the 2-stage trigger will fit in. I still may send my rifle out to have it completely removed someday.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Try a thread search on this matter.  This has been asked before, and someone posted some good instructions how to do it.  It involved drilling a hole downwards to meet the shaft the holding pin used, then tapping it, then screwing a bolt in it after filling the hole with water, the created hydrostatic pressure pushing the pin out - very slick (something like that at least), but I think he said this only works 50% of the time.

That block is extremely hard tool metal and a biyach to mill.  Thanks Colt...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to all!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top