Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2003 10:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2003 10:36:01 PM EDT by Lockedon]
I just had a gruesome thought while reading another post regarding tracer bullets. I know what a regular 5.56 round will to to a human being when hit...How about when one is hit by a tracer? Anyone have Ballistics on these?
Arg hurts to just think about it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:36:44 PM EDT
Yes its in the ammo forum tacked to the top... you didnt look very hard did you?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:44:59 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=168672 Tracers burn at higher temperatures, however the volume of heat produced is insignificant. Tracers are good for lighting up fuel stores however.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:55:33 PM EDT
I'd hate to get shot, period.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:35:31 PM EDT
Tracers can & will kill. Bullets are more effective though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:31:19 AM EDT
Tracers are bullets, just have an extra compound that burns in their rear. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:19:17 AM EDT
must suck getting hit with a .50 cal Raufus round. (pointing out the obvious)
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:31:44 AM EDT
You're assuming that the impact on a human target would detonate the HE tip. Worse would be the effects on an individual directly opposite the point of impact on an armored target. Mind you, he wouldn't feel much, the penetrator would punch a hole in him then the explosion and incindiary effects would hit, all before his brain registered the initial impact. I'd feel more sorry for the folks that had to clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:32:41 AM EDT
I think that if you got shot with a tracer round, whatever burning that might take place would be the least of your problems.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:58:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Yes its in the ammo forum tacked to the top... you didnt look very hard did you?
View Quote
Hahahahaha OMG, that's funny, Devron. Maybe some people can see why I'm already starting to get gray hair now...at 26. [BD] It's from questions like these! [;D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:47:03 AM EDT
How about getting hit with one of the prefragmented Glaser .223 rounds? I am never read any reports but that type of handgun ammo is pretty nasty, I can't imagine what it would do in .223 or .308 (and now I hear there is a .50BMG prefrag round aye caramba!)
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:38:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ATLGA: they just have an extra compound that burns in their rear. [;D]
View Quote
How do you know that much about TequilaBob?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:21:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Yes its in the ammo forum tacked to the top... you didnt look very hard did you?
View Quote
Dang, you are one rude SOB. Almost every comment I read from you is like this. Are you pissed at the world or something?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:38:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ATLGA: Tracers are bullets, just have an extra compound that burns in their rear. [;D]
View Quote
Kind of like jalapenos?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:30:33 PM EDT
the volume of heat????
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:34:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaPhotoGuy:
View Quote
Dang, you are one rude SOB. Almost every comment I read from you is like this. Are you pissed at the world or something?
View Quote
Well said DaPhotoGuy, I've noticed this in other posts as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2003 1:53:09 PM EDT by DevL]
View Quote
View Quote
No its just annoying when people ask the same questions over and over becasue they are too lazy to even hit the search button or make any attempt to find information for themselves. We have tacked posts for a reason, so people wont ask the same questions over and over and over and.... you get the point. This keeps people like Derek from reposting the same stuff over and over again. It gets to wear on you over the years. Man if you think I am bad go over to TacticalForums.com and ask a question that has already been answered about 6 months ago! They will chop your head off faster than a mall ninja who just wailed on his guitar and totally flipped out! And sometimes I just have a bad day or I am sick and it comes across online. I usually appoligise for being a dick at that point and put myself in the corner for a well deserved time out. [:)] The post in question was more a gentle hint than me being a dick and flaming someone for no reason. Sometimes you just need to get bitch slapped to wake up. I have gotten that a fair number of times and always deserved it. In fact I enjoy being bitch slapped when I am wrong as it means I learned something new that day. Why am I rude? Maybey mommy and daddy didnt show me enough love and attention growing up. Maybe I am not in touch with my inner child and need to go visit Dr Phil, I dont know. What do you suggest I do about it bro? Do you think maybe I just need a hug?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:07:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2003 2:09:12 PM EDT by WolverineAtWork]
Originally posted by: DevL] Why am I rude? Maybey mommy and daddy didnt show me enough love and attention growing up. Maybe I am not in touch with my inner child and need to go visit Dr Phil, I dont know. What do you suggest I do about it bro? Do you think maybe I just need a hug?
View Quote
Clearly, you just need a little trigger therapy. I'm prescribing 100 lbs of Tannerite over a 2-4 hour period. That oughta do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2003 5:34:12 PM EDT by DaPhotoGuy]
Originally Posted By DevL:
View Quote
View Quote
No its just annoying when people ask the same questions over and over becasue they are too lazy to even hit the search button or make any attempt to find information for themselves. We have tacked posts for a reason, so people wont ask the same questions over and over and over and.... you get the point. This keeps people like Derek from reposting the same stuff over and over again. It gets to wear on you over the years. Man if you think I am bad go over to TacticalForums.com and ask a question that has already been answered about 6 months ago! They will chop your head off faster than a mall ninja who just wailed on his guitar and totally flipped out! And sometimes I just have a bad day or I am sick and it comes across online. I usually appoligise for being a dick at that point and put myself in the corner for a well deserved time out. [:)] The post in question was more a gentle hint than me being a dick and flaming someone for no reason. Sometimes you just need to get bitch slapped to wake up. I have gotten that a fair number of times and always deserved it. In fact I enjoy being bitch slapped when I am wrong as it means I learned something new that day. Why am I rude? Maybey mommy and daddy didnt show me enough love and attention growing up. Maybe I am not in touch with my inner child and need to go visit Dr Phil, I dont know. What do you suggest I do about it bro? Do you think maybe I just need a hug?
View Quote
I see the same old questions asked over and over on this forum and if I'm too tired to point them in the right direction I just don't reply. If they don't get a reply they might learn how to use the search. It's really too bad that the search isn't a little more advanced. All the newbies that really need to use the search can only search the subject line and you can't do things like finding all post by a particular user.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:37:33 PM EDT
think of getting burned with WP!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:06:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunbert: I'd hate to get shot, period.
View Quote
Ditto!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:09:18 PM EDT
Willy Pete is one nasty dude, and in a grenade he get's downright scary - one of my favorite 40mm rounds of all time.
Top Top