Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2003 3:29:10 PM EDT
I finally bump fired my AR from the shoulder!!!

Full mag at a time!!!! Repeat, play again!

Down side? I melted my paracord off the front sight post after a few mags shoulder bumped! Oh well, it was worth the sacrifice!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:39:45 PM EDT
Could somebody puh-le-e-e-ze explain this "Bump Firing" thing to me? I read all these posts from happy ammo slingers dumpin' mag after mag at FA rates, but have yet to see any clarification on how it's done........CavVet: a little step-by-step explanation??? (Share your secret!!) Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:56:41 PM EDT
Javelin, It's easier to start bump-firing using a gun with a stronger recoil like an AK. But an AR is just as good. Here is how you do it basically (if you're right-handed, if not reverse the hands: 1)Hold the rifle by the hanguards with the left hand at the hip. 2)Place your Right hand trigger finger into the trigger guard WITHOUT pulling the trigger. Keep the finger completely straight. Your right hand SHOULD NOT be holding the rifle at all. 3)Pull the Gun forward with the LEFT hand, keep the right trigger finger stationary. (you can do this easier by putting your trigger finger through your belt loop through the trigger guard. Here is the principle, when you pull the gun forward your finger lands on the trigger and fire's the gun. The consequent recoil will push the gun back a bit, allowing you to pull the trigger again, since you're STILL pulling the gun forward with the other hand. I hope that made sense Happy Bumping -Lockedon
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:01:44 PM EDT
I will say instead of trigger finger, use thethumb hooked into your pants pocket. The key is to PULL with the left hand. The shoulder is the same thing, (with finger/thumb [b]STIFF[/b].... PULL.... Just like in skeet.... [size=6]PULL![/size=6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:49:24 PM EDT
rapid fire is the crutch of the incompetent (my dad says that) ive done it with my 22 but i dont think it was bump firing. i just moved my finger really realsy fast in the trigger guard. it worked, but i was out of ammo like 5 minutes later
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:50:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:23:02 PM EDT
Nice DVD, that will help a few folks who wanna know how....
Originally Posted By Mudzilla: rapid fire is the crutch of the incompetent (my dad says that)
View Quote
I understand what your Dad means, and thats exactly why the Army pulled FA off the M16 in later years (read after [b]we[/b] wasted millions of rounds of ammo). However, I disagree in your statement as a whole. Rapid fire, when [b]aimed and effective[/b] is a great tool, as is suppressive fire. Spray and pray is a waste of ammo. 'Bump firing turns ammo into smiles' Stolen quote from someone around here. Its a fun thing. My goal, even while I was shoulder bumping was to aim the bullets and see how good a group (in general) I could get. I saw it, about 10 foot high and 10 foot wide, [b]aimed and moveable[/b]. Hopefully as I continue to fine tune and play, I will [b]improve[/b] my aiming skill of this activity, and have it in my database of [b]tools[/b] should the need arise.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT by drobs]
Being a lefty, I found out pretty quick that long sleeves make bump firing more fun. Those burning hot shell casings hitting my right forearm hurt after awhile. I have a buddy that has a Cobray M11 9mm with a fake suppressor. He can bump fire that thing so fast that all 30 shell casings are in the air when the mag runs dry. Amazing!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:39:20 PM EDT
I gots video too............ here is my 9mm OLY bumpin from the shoulder. I have tried to teach several people in person and very few even get close. [url=http://www.crinamex.com/ar9mm2.wmv]Shoulder bump video[/url]
Top Top