Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 12:12:57 PM EDT
Did Colt mark all of their CAR stocks with the "N" and "1" or did some make it out without the markings?

When did Colt change from alum to plastic?

Is their a link to pics?  I am being told differently and just need to know so I don't go buying non-Colt stocks at Colt prices.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
see [url]www.biggerhammer.net[/url]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks M-Forgery!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My Colt SP1 carbine, bought new in 1977, has no discernible marking on the butt.  I have always assumed that it was just smoothed out by the coating, but short of scraping off the coating and looking, which I ain't about to do, that's only an assumption.Whatever the reality, yes, there are Colt sliders out there without any marking you can see.

Re the change to plastic type stocks, they're cheaper to make, you don't have to worry about the coating wearing off, and if the thing gets hit by something while extended, you won't have a dented, non collapsible stock on your hands.  Broken, maybe, but not dented[:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Aha!  that's what I mean.  So there might be some CAR stocks out there that MIGHT be Colt without markings per Shamayim.

Does yours have the glossy plastic coating?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but my inquiring mind has to know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt Sp1/XM177 Vinyl Acetate covered stocks will have (nn) stamped under the right hand side of the release lever as well as the manufactures name cast into the underside of the release lever.

The 1st style of fiberite stocks will have an (N) and or a (1) on them.

The new Enhanced Colt M4 stock are not usually marked.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top