Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 9:57:13 AM EDT
I buddy of mine gave me a can of Moly Coat (molybdenum disulfide) spray on dry film lubricant. I was thinking about spraying my magazine springs with this stuff. Are there any other uses for the stuff on AR's?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
why the mag springs?, if it is a good dry lube, do the followers, and the inside of the mag body, but do not waste it on the springs
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]
What if you sprayed it onto the inside of the upper receiver?  Would that provide any benefit?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster sprays it inside their reciever extensions and uppers to help with break in.  A few cleaning swith CLP will remove it though.  A single good scrubbing with Gunscrubber will remove it too.

I would just use it to refinh your magazine bodies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i use it in my upper all the time with very little oil. makes my gun feel so much smoother than with none on it. also i guess it might keep it from braking in ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
No it wont prevent break in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top