User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey! I paid the right price. Hell, I even gave you a tip!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Someone PLEASE tell me why [b]all[/b] of meltdown's pics come up as red x's for me? [>Q]
View Quote

Cuz I moved to a new house and lost my Internet connection for now. Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
btt just because I want to see the pics.  Even the local mirror wasn't available this time.

Good article on camo.  Have read on various military camo uses in the past, a variety of ideas.  For troops, pattern disruptive, woodland, etc trying to blend into background and using light and shadow.  Tiger stripe variations don't so much pattern disrupt but blend into light and shadow patterns in grass lands.  Go to some zoo or the SD Wild Animal Park and watch the tigers, they really blend into the vertical light and shadow patterns.  

The SD WAP also has enough of the herd animals that you can see the herd variations.  One animal stands out against a lot of backgrounds, but get a herd moving and you can't make out the  individual hindquarters and when in a stern chase that's frustrating.

The old ship dazzle patterns weren't designed to hide the ship but cause visual perception dificulties in the pilots or gunners trying to hit it.If they can't tell the target's real  direction or speed or both it's damn hard to hit with optics and ballistic weapons.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
btt

I wanna see the pichers!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Tango Alpha Golf...
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
brasspile, where are you located in SD?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
brasspile, where are you located in SD?
View Quote

Sioux Falls

"Getting Started Sale" is on now, if you want something done, let me know.

Name - Chameleon Weaponry
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
i had brass do a "tiger" type of camo on my stinger and i loved the way it turned out.
also i have to add i hosed it with break cleaner and it didnt even dull the finish at all.
he also did a kick ass trigger job on my ar got it down to about 3.8#'s and about 1/8 travle.
thanks for the work brass

ray
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=41058&iGalleryUnq=1034&iImageUnq=16098[/img]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I can testify, having seen the rifle on two different occasions, that: A) that picture does NOT do the job justice, and B) the finish IS durable.

His trigger jobs are also good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
well about 500 rounds later and a quick cleaning
and I'm happy with the way it holds up. Pretty tough stuff brasspile. Thanks.

Let me know when your snow camo sale starts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well about 500 rounds later and a quick cleaning
and I'm happy with the way it holds up. Pretty tough stuff brasspile. Thanks.

Let me know when your snow camo sale starts.
View Quote

SALE ON NOW!  IM Me if interested!  Something akin to meltdown's for $250 plus shipping!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#12]
brass
You should post pics of your new
[s]paint[/s] love shack
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#14]

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=41058&iGalleryUnq=1034&iImageUnq=18010[/url]
View Quote

That is one of the best concealing camouflage jobs I have ever seen.  Excellent job!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top