Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 6:27:03 PM EDT
Has anyone used one of these on an A2 upper?

I am wanting to put a red dot sight and a small scope on my AR but want a more military look to it.

Any one have pictures of this set up on thier AR-15A2

Thanks, Phessor
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Bushmaster 16" carbine A2 carry handle with the arms 39A2 gooseneck and 22M68 mounts.  Works great.  Do a search under optics, mounts, and sights and you'll get tons of pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an "old" ARMS A2 Plus #39 rail, I like it a lot.

The old one is basically like the new one except the top rail was detachable (attached with screws) and it did not have the long side piece on it.

The only problem is that it fits so closely to the handguards that it won't fit over the M4 style, only works with regular profile handguards (either carbine or 20"). That's ok though, since CavArms makes both kinds in the color I like.

I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
A.R.M.S. #39
[img]http://home.nc.rr.com/blueshockey77/ar15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The above pretty much sums it up - the best way to mount a red dot optic on an A2 handle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top