Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 6:02:31 PM EDT
I am thinking of building a new AR using a RRA 9mm upper.  It appears that I need to buy the upper and the $150 mag block.  

-I guess I use a regular AR lower?
-What kind of mags does it use?
-Am I missing anything?
-Any owners out there please comment
-and lastly pics,pics,pics!
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is some info that I got from Pete in NH regarding what one would need for a 9mm AR (aside from the upper of course!).

RRA lower with a 9mm hammer, 9mm buffer, and 9mm mag block.

*Note that RRA's 2-stage trigger will not work with a lower configured like this*

As far as mags go, the RRA 9mm ARs will accept modified UZI mags and I [b]believe[/b] 9mm Colt mags, but I am not sure on the Colts.  You would be able to find some on the EE and I think Pete may have some.

I do not have one currently but I have been studying the components of one for a while now.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Standard AR lower. If semi only, you will need to either ramp the 9mm bolt for the semi hammer or use a tailless M16 hammer. If using on an M16 all lower parts are compatable. It is designed for either a modified Uzi mag or a factory colt mag which will hold the bolt open on the last round. The uzi mag wont do this.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top