Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 5:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 3:38:20 AM EDT by HERBIE]
I was thinking about buying an OKO scope. Anyone out there have any experience with them, and what are your thoughts? I have a fixed carry handle, and was wondering also if the red dot will clear the front sight if a goose neck mount is used, or do you have to mount it on top of the handle.
Thanks
Jay
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:24:38 PM EDT
I have one on an A2 upper. The dot cowitnesses with the front and rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:41:11 AM EDT
I recently asked about the OKO and the EOTech, and the overwhelming consensus was to go with the EOTech: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=168612[/url]. Either should co-witness from the gooseneck mount. The OKO is cheaper initially, but the EOTechs have the armored hood built in and are waterproof to 33ft. When you add the armored cover for the OKO, you could have bought a EOTech in the first place. Of course, I have to grovel to the finance dept. (my wife) before I can buy one....
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:27:25 AM EDT
I guess I'm not concerned with having the armored hood, and have noticed some competion shooters using the OKO when price isn't a concern. Part of it might be the 2.3 oz. Guess the jury is still out on the OKO, and time will tell. Thanks
Top Top