Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
First, THANK GOD ARFCOM is back up, I was having withdrawal problems.

Anyway,  I have a 9 year old Oly arms carbine.  Great gun and very reliable.  I have noticed though that the extractor and the pin that holds the extractor to the bolt are becomming worn.  Note: I shoot a lot of wolf(steel cased) ammo which I assume is harder on the extractor.  Anywho, I want to replace JUST the extractor and the little pin.  Will the milspec type parts work in this Bolt assembly?  Also, isn't there some kind of gadget that replaces the spring in the extractor to "make it more reliable"?

Thanks for any help you guys give me :)

Fidel
Out

P.S.  I could also use some recommendations for online sources for these two parts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
go to www.brownells.com and order a 3 pack of Wolff Extra Power extractor springs, extractor, and pin.

Here are your part numbers for direct lookup:

Wolff Springs - 969000032
DPMS extractor - 231000070
DPMS extractor pin - 231000066

Be sure to select small parcel shipping for $3.50.

Other good sources are www.georgiaprecision.com and the EE here on the board.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the valuable info and the specific part #'s.  

Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top