Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2003 1:26:57 AM EDT
I am thinking of adding an AK muzzlebrake to my postban Bushy. I am trying to find a solution to reduce the huge muzzle flash in lowlight/night conditions because it obscures my front sight and is hard to do rapid followup firing (not to mention the those circles that flash in my eyes). Will a muzzlebrake reduce any of the flash? I realize a flash suppressor would work better, but again it's a postban gun.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:58:16 AM EDT
As postban is not FS legal, MB is your only option. I owned a XM15E2 w/ AK brake at one time and while they work well IMO as a MB the sound is deafening......... huh, what'd ya say???? Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:58:36 AM EDT
I have a BM Shorty AK as well. I think the AK break is one of the better breaks out there. It deflect the blast directly to the sides instead of up into the line of sight.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:26:00 AM EDT
My Wife has one on her AR. Works great, but it is louder then hell!!! [8D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:40:17 AM EDT
i must admit i like the way the akmuzzel break looks john
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:54:37 AM EDT
NO it will not reduce your flash - if it did it would be considered a Flash Supressor and not be legal for post-ban use. Some Muzzle Brakes will break up the flash into smaller chunks and keep your sight picture clean. Overall light/flash output is the same as the bare muzzle - you're just not getting a single huge ball of flame. The AK brakes works ok for breakup & keeping the sight picture clear. I prefer my KKF A3 TacBrake (in addition to breaking up the ball it looks better and is shorter). Your best bet - if you want to reduce flash - is to use ammo with decent flash supressors in it. Black Hills ammo is good for this. You'll find the 68gr is cost effective ($16/50 rounds), very accurate, more effective than M193, and has minimal flash.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:31:56 PM EDT
The JP "Bennie Cooley Comp" works very well. It eliminates the recoil impulse, basically. Damn loud. -z
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:28:54 PM EDT
AK brake makes a hughe fire, don't do it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:00:49 AM EDT
My wife has one and its loud as hell. I may replace it with a KKF A3 TacBrake or a KKF A3 flash suppressor if the AWB isn't replaced. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/060336.JPG[/img]
Top Top