Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:51:49 PM EDT
Got this off of HKPRO.  Apparently this was posted on HK-54.com, by our favorite HK clone builder....

Larry at Area 51 called me about 3 weeks ago and said that is G36C was eating piston rods he had lost 2 or 3 so far but only when firing the gun with a beta mag does this happen, I told him the trunion was heating up and moving in the gun causing the miss alignment of the gas system and breaking the rods. He was not to sure about that story and did not want to beleive the G36 was MELTING.

Forward to today, Larry calls and tells me he is in the middle of making some G36k barrels for some sl8 guns and lost this specs so he goes to pull the barrel out of his G36K and guess what, the nut that holds the barrel in is gone, a layer of melted plastic has covered the barrel nut and now he can not remove the barrel, he had to take a dremel tool to machine away the plastic to access the barrel nut.

Guess it's a good thing you still have some M16s laying around...
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I take Todd's word with a grain a salt, but I still found this all pretty ironic...
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Plastic rifles.....What will they think of next, Plastic pistols?

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I melted a GI Joe once......
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FWIW, I take Todd's word with a grain a salt, but I still found this all pretty ironic...
View Quote

I have to said from the man himself, the G36 in question is experiencing problems.  what are his problems, I will leave it up to Larry to explain.  

Let's just say Todd is not too much off the path.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
And they're going to "fix" the SA80's?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ughhh!  So much for that.  Good thing were heading toward the XM8! [rolleyes]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top