Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:17:15 PM EDT
When selling privately do you do FFL to FFL or can you sell person to FFL?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Private sales differ from state to state,look up your states laws.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What about state to state
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They are DIFFERENT in each state.For example,in CT there is no paper work "required" to sell a long gun in a private sale.(as long as the person is not forbidon to own guns)They do "RECOMEND" you register your gun so it would be easier to recover in a theft situation.I used to live in MA.You are suposed to bring your gun to an FFL to do a transfer of regisration.Check your states laws,they are probly different than theese.Your the one responsible to research the legalities.Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
In PA face to face is fine as is MI. These two I know for sure. Shipping out of state, well I've had some guys ship right to me and others require ship to an FFL. Some FFL's won't give a copy to anyone but another FFL though so you may have to have them send a coppy of their FFL to yours to have them ship the gun for you. That gets a little costly because everyone is always looking for a cut. What do you have to sell? Maybe I can take it off your habds. :-)
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info. I have medical bills to pay and selling any of my guns is going to kill me. On the possible selling block.
1)krebbs kustum ak-103k with kobra sight
2)Rock River Arms 16" mid-length with SIR,CQD grip, ARMS 40 rear sight , Aimpoint and complete bolt
3)Accuracy International AIC 2 with 26" barrel,5 and 10 rd magazine, harris bipod,springfield armory 6-20x56 scope and a custom cut pelican case
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top