Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:17:15 PM EDT
When selling privately do you do FFL to FFL or can you sell person to FFL?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:27:01 PM EDT
Private sales differ from state to state,look up your states laws.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:33:41 PM EDT
What about state to state
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:10:32 PM EDT
They are DIFFERENT in each state.For example,in CT there is no paper work "required" to sell a long gun in a private sale.(as long as the person is not forbidon to own guns)They do "RECOMEND" you register your gun so it would be easier to recover in a theft situation.I used to live in MA.You are suposed to bring your gun to an FFL to do a transfer of regisration.Check your states laws,they are probly different than theese.Your the one responsible to research the legalities.Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:07:41 PM EDT
In PA face to face is fine as is MI. These two I know for sure. Shipping out of state, well I've had some guys ship right to me and others require ship to an FFL. Some FFL's won't give a copy to anyone but another FFL though so you may have to have them send a coppy of their FFL to yours to have them ship the gun for you. That gets a little costly because everyone is always looking for a cut. What do you have to sell? Maybe I can take it off your habds. :-)
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:41:25 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. I have medical bills to pay and selling any of my guns is going to kill me. On the possible selling block. 1)krebbs kustum ak-103k with kobra sight 2)Rock River Arms 16" mid-length with SIR,CQD grip, ARMS 40 rear sight , Aimpoint and complete bolt 3)Accuracy International AIC 2 with 26" barrel,5 and 10 rd magazine, harris bipod,springfield armory 6-20x56 scope and a custom cut pelican case
Top Top