Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2003 5:21:24 AM EDT
I am looking for a handle scope mount for my AR. Are the ones Tapco is selling for $14 any good, or do I need to go with one from Bushmaster or DPMS. I want the best quality and one that matches the finish on my rifle. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
All of them will pretty much  match your AR, very little  if much differnce, you wouldnt notice.

TG [:)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the Tapco but I am using an ARMS #2 carry handle mount and IMO it's the best one out there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The ones TAPCO sell work.  They are not the best - but they work after a fashion.

However mounting a scope that high is really not recommended - you can't get a descent cheek weld, and the trajectory for any decent zero will be poor.

If you really want to mount a scope to the carry handle take a look at the Colt scope (or Colt style scopes) as they mount lower to the handle.

If you've got the $$ the Trijicon Compact scopes are tops (but only go up to 3x) on the carry handle.

If you're looking for a high power scope for varmints or target shooting you might consider swapping out the A2 upper for a flattop upper so the scope could be mounted at a decent height.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the help. I am planning on picking up a new upper when funds are more available. Still paying off the AK, 5 mags, and 2000 rounds of ammo I bought last month. But I had an extra scope and ring set laying on the workbench that was just asking to be mounted on something.

How much is the ARMS #2 mount? Is that the same one Bushmaster has in their catalogue? Any better place to buy than Bushmaster? I hate to pay so much in shipping charges.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top