Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2003 5:21:24 AM EDT
I am looking for a handle scope mount for my AR. Are the ones Tapco is selling for $14 any good, or do I need to go with one from Bushmaster or DPMS. I want the best quality and one that matches the finish on my rifle. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:40:33 AM EDT
All of them will pretty much match your AR, very little if much differnce, you wouldnt notice. TG [:)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:08:06 AM EDT
I don't know about the Tapco but I am using an ARMS #2 carry handle mount and IMO it's the best one out there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:12:56 AM EDT
The ones TAPCO sell work. They are not the best - but they work after a fashion. However mounting a scope that high is really not recommended - you can't get a descent cheek weld, and the trajectory for any decent zero will be poor. If you really want to mount a scope to the carry handle take a look at the Colt scope (or Colt style scopes) as they mount lower to the handle. If you've got the $$ the Trijicon Compact scopes are tops (but only go up to 3x) on the carry handle. If you're looking for a high power scope for varmints or target shooting you might consider swapping out the A2 upper for a flattop upper so the scope could be mounted at a decent height.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:30:21 AM EDT
Thanks for all the help. I am planning on picking up a new upper when funds are more available. Still paying off the AK, 5 mags, and 2000 rounds of ammo I bought last month. But I had an extra scope and ring set laying on the workbench that was just asking to be mounted on something. How much is the ARMS #2 mount? Is that the same one Bushmaster has in their catalogue? Any better place to buy than Bushmaster? I hate to pay so much in shipping charges.
Top Top