Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 9:06:37 AM EDT
For my 20" AR15 with 4x ACOG, I've been thinking about getting a KAC M5 RAS for better heat dissipation. I have a few questions for M5 RAS users -

1.How solid is it? (please compare to FF RAS or SIR)

2.Since M5 RAS doesn't FF, would the weight of M5 RAS affect accuracy a lot? (I have no competition parts on my rifle)

I know I would be better off with FF RAS but I like the fact that I can install and uninstall the RAS without gunsmith's help.

I personally have seen a KAC M4 RAS, but I was worried about M5 RAS since it is much longer than M4 RAS and it would be heavier and flex more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Tne M5 RAS locks in at the front handguard cap and the barrel nut.  The rail unit is pretty stiff, so it does not flex.

Leaning hard on a bipod [i]might[/i] shift your POI, but I don't worry about it.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=5891[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top