Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 4:16:32 PM EDT
I am building an other AR15. This one with the DPMS side bolt upper. I could someone give me the info on which bolt and carrier to use?

I think it is from an FAL or something like that. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:01:48 PM EDT
I thought I saw this before recently, but I am not going to say "SEARCH you scurvy dog!" Like the board pirates do! It doesn't use a FAL bolt, it just uses a FAL charging handle. Or maybe just a FAL-style charging handle. The carrier has to be cut for the install. Just ask DPMS, they sell them I am sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:23:27 PM EDT
What day is the actual "talk like a pirate day" matey?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:30:11 AM EDT
We had it a while back I think. Although some of it was just translation of pirate speak, ex. the different meanings of ARGG. No special day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:38:41 PM EDT
I sent a message to DPMS and waithing for a reply....What do you mean the carrier has to be cut? I think I am the one who asked before
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2003 6:29:05 PM EDT by edpmedic]
I have been able to put a picture of the DPMS Upper on the photo Server. I am going to try and make an active link to it [url]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/ImageDetail.asp?iDBLoc=0&iGalleryUnq=1066&iNumColumns=4&sSort=&iTtlNumItems=1&iCategoryUnq=0&iNumPerPage=20&iImageUnq=17517&[/url] OK There it is. SO you can see it doesn't need anything cut. I just need to know where to get the bolt in .223 for it. Or what mod I have to do like drill a hole and the Tap it for a handle to fit. The only info I was able to find was from American Spirt Arms. Please anyone who can tell me where to start. I have a 24" fluted Bull barrel from DPMS for it. And one of those Bell & Carlson Mil Style Thumb Hole stocks from Midway. I am going to get the Float tube and the other things needed. At first I was going to do a different cal instead of 223. My next project is on a Eagle Arms lower AR10 Receiver. That one is going to be a 300WSM set-up
Top Top