Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2003 4:13:58 PM EDT
Yeah the AR bug has got me. I wanted to know where's a good place to find an A1 upper and what a good price was. Granted it will have to be a post ban upper, don't have a preban lower yet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:21:49 PM EDT
Fulton Armory has both the slickside (no forward assist or brass deflector) and the C7 (with forward assist and brass deflector). [url]http://www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm#UpperParts[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:12:27 PM EDT
I got a slick side for $100 from an individual.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2003 7:08:35 PM EDT by shamayim]
From your screen name, I have a hunch you're on the south side of the Atlanta area. If so, keep hitting the Eastman gun shows. In the past two years I've found two A1 type uppers, both Colt, and an original Air force surplus M16 slick side, all complete w/sights, forward assist and side cover for $100-$125 each. All had 99% or better original finish on them. If you want to find a complete barreled upper CDNN has some brand new Colt pieces.[url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url] They're shown as AR15s, but the guys that have gotten them say they're actually small hole M16 jobs, that will drop right on to current lowers. Cut the bayonet lug off, and replace the flash suppressor w/a permanently mounted muzzle brake, and you're perfectly legal. They're out there, just do some scrounging[:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:18:51 PM EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but without that deflector, life would be pretty miserable for LH shooters. Any LH shooters have POSITIVE experiences with this setup, or is the deflector more or less essential for us?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:35:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: Correct me if I'm wrong, but without that deflector, life would be pretty miserable for LH shooters. Any LH shooters have POSITIVE experiences with this setup, or is the deflector more or less essential for us?
View Quote
I'm a lefty, and in 25 years of shooting ARs and M16s, have been hit w/a hot case exactly ONCE. And that was from my XM177E2 clone, that throws them out at a different angle than the 16 or 20 inchers. Every once in awhile, the short barrel job wil clang one out that hits the earpiece of my rather large earmuffs, so I know they're coming out close, but the 16 and 20 inchers come out to the side and/or slightly forward, and in no sense are they a problem ----so don't worry about it[:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:39:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shamayim: From your screen name, I have a hunch you're on the south side of the Atlanta area. If so, keep hitting the Eastman gun shows. In the past two years I've found two A1 type uppers, both Colt, and an original Air force surplus M16 slick side, all complete w/sights, forward assist and side cover for $100-$125 each. All had 99% or better original finish on them. If you want to find a complete barreled upper CDNN has some brand new Colt pieces.[url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url] They're shown as AR15s, but the guys that have gotten them say they're actually small hole M16 jobs, that will drop right on to current lowers. Cut the bayonet lug off, and replace the flash suppressor w/a permanently mounted muzzle brake, and you're perfectly legal. They're out there, just do some scrounging[:D]
View Quote
Nice guess about where I live, but actually I'm up north in Hall county about 5 mi from prof Bookhound's compound.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:25:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: Correct me if I'm wrong, but without that deflector, life would be pretty miserable for LH shooters. Any LH shooters have POSITIVE experiences with this setup, or is the deflector more or less essential for us?
View Quote
It makes life easier, but is not essential.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:15:15 PM EDT
Try Jeff at CMMG. He usually has them. He advertises in EE.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2003 3:22:21 PM EDT by shamayim]
Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
Originally Posted By shamayim: From your screen name, I have a hunch you're on the south side of the Atlanta area. If so, keep hitting the Eastman gun shows. In the past two years I've found two A1 type uppers, both Colt, and an original Air force surplus M16 slick side, all complete w/sights, forward assist and side cover for $100-$125 each. All had 99% or better original finish on them. If you want to find a complete barreled upper CDNN has some brand new Colt pieces.[url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url] They're shown as AR15s, but the guys that have gotten them say they're actually small hole M16 jobs, that will drop right on to current lowers. Cut the bayonet lug off, and replace the flash suppressor w/a permanently mounted muzzle brake, and you're perfectly legal. They're out there, just do some scrounging[:D]
View Quote
Nice guess about where I live, but actually I'm up north in Hall county about 5 mi from prof Bookhound's compound.
View Quote
Well then, either wait til Eastman has another show in Gwinnett, or even better, come out to the Eastman Rome show tomorrow. I'll be there, looking for the SOB who stole a bunch of AK mags out of the warehouse I'd rented. I'll know 'em if I see 'em, cause the steel ones are cut in the back for an SKS bolt hold open, and the Chinese fiberglass jobs each have a tiny repair that you'd never notice unless you were looking for it. If you do come over to Rome, look for a guy with a full white beard, wearing a funky looking full brim field hat with funny looking characters on the front brim (Israeli Army issue, circa 1956). Bet there wil be at least one seller over there with a forward assist M16A1 upper[:D] Or, if you're just not into driving, wait til Matt Eastman has another show at the Georgia Mountain Center.
Top Top