Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2003 8:45:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice read [:D] Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking this might explain why the PRI Fatboy/pigtail gas tubes and one-piece gas rings don't always solve problems on shorty ARs.

The gas tube increases cycle time allowing the pressure in the chamber to drop to a level where it isn't enough to overcome extractor lift. At the same time, the one-piece is giving a better seal and increasing rearward movement of the bolt.

Of course I had this thought during an insomniac moment at 2am this morning and don't own a shorty - so take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I told you there was good stuff there didn't I![:D]

BTW, if you change the 2003 to 2002 in the link you can see last years presentations...[8D]

Actually if you go here ->[url]http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/[/url]  you can see all the NDIA conference information that's online.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
So the heavier spring/D-ring thing would probably prevent this entirely...  The question then becomes, Do you want to prevent it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top