Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 7:11:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2003 7:13:34 AM EDT by imposter]
Which of these stripped lowers is nicer? They seem to go for around the same price. I have seen a RRA lower, and it had a nice finish but the lettering looked cheap. How is the finish and lettering/logo on the Eagle? Is the Eagle's finish as dark as the typical RRA or Bsuhmaster upper?

Do either of them have a problem with overly tight mag wells?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:21:13 AM EDT
I've built one of each, both using RRA lower parts kits. The only difference I could really tell was when attaching the upper. Both my Bushy uppers went on the EA lower without a problem. Both lowers were so tight on the RRA lower that I had to use considerable force to get the upper attached to the lower. After shooting a few hundred rounds through the RRA/Bushy combo, things loosened up a bit. Now it's just got a nice, tight fit. I can't tell a difference between the magwells. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:42:47 AM EDT
Both are reputable manufacturers, either will suit you well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:08:51 AM EDT
The RRA lettering on the recievers I saw did give it a "cheaper" kinda look then the EA lower. I build a .50 beowulf on a EA lower, and it works just great. If given the choice I'd probably go EA again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:20:40 AM EDT
Although not exactly on point, I've used an Eagle Arms lower and an ArmaLite upper on one of my AR-10's and have been very pleased.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:24:34 AM EDT
In the past week I have personally inspected 30 new stripped RRA lowers. They are all very well machined and the finish was perfect. Granted I did not fit each to an upper to test fit but the ones I did try are great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:58:12 PM EDT
I am in the middle of a build on a RRA lower. I have had no problems and fit and finish is excellent. It also had trouble when I mated it with my Bushy 20" upper to test function. I tfit VERY tight.but I just beveled the corners of the rear lug and it goes on very well and smooth. I like RRA and would not hesitate building again.
Top Top