Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2003 7:11:45 AM EDT
Which of these stripped lowers is nicer?  They seem to go for around the same price.  I have seen a RRA lower, and it had a nice finish but the lettering looked cheap.  How is the finish and lettering/logo on the Eagle?  Is the Eagle's finish as dark as the typical RRA or Bsuhmaster upper?

Do either of them have a problem with overly tight mag wells?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I've built one of each, both using RRA lower parts kits.  The only difference I could really tell was when attaching the upper.  Both my Bushy uppers went on the EA lower without a problem.  Both lowers were so tight on the RRA lower that I had to use considerable force to get the upper attached to the lower.  After shooting a few hundred rounds through the RRA/Bushy combo, things loosened up a bit.  Now it's just got a nice, tight fit.

I can't tell a difference between the magwells.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Both are reputable manufacturers, either will suit you well.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The RRA lettering on the recievers I saw did give it a "cheaper" kinda look then the EA lower. I build a .50 beowulf on a EA lower, and it works just great. If given the choice I'd probably go EA again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Although not exactly on point, I've used an Eagle Arms lower and an ArmaLite upper on one of my AR-10's and have been very pleased.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#5]
In the past week I have personally inspected 30 new stripped RRA lowers.  They are all very well machined and the finish was perfect.  Granted I did not fit each to an upper to test fit but the ones I did try are great.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in the middle of a build on a RRA lower.  I have had no problems and fit and finish is excellent. It also had trouble when I mated it with my Bushy 20" upper to test function. I tfit VERY tight.but I just beveled the corners of the rear lug and it goes on very well and smooth.  I like RRA and would not hesitate building again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top