Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:04:52 PM EDT
I'm looking to add a 9mm upper to a lower I have laying around in the closet. Who makes a good, low cost upper assembly? I need the upper, barrel, and bolt. One that uses sten mags will be good, but Uzi mags will work too.

The Cheat
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River has them listed.  You might check with ADCO and see what they have.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Some rbands are Colt, RRA, Olympic, ASA
Opinions on quality and value may vary. I have a Colt and it works well for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Olympic makes a .45 and 9mm. They sell sten and uzi mags at a higher price, but I have read that standard sten mags can be modified to work with the mag block.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the tacked topics at the top of this forum[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=15]Pistol Caliber uppers[/url]
The oly style upper uses sten mags. You can buy modified mags from oly, or you can get the SOCOM mag block that uses unmodified sten mags. Sten mags are cheap.
The colt style upper is what rra sells. It uses modified uzi mags. There is also a magblock available for the uzi mags. Uzi mags are expensive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sten mags are cheap.

There is also a magblock available for the uzi mags. Uzi mags are expensive.
View Quote
[blue]

HUH? Sten mags are currently running about $7 used and $14.95 for slightly better they claim.

Factory Colt 32 round mags are getting $125-150. Uzi mags are averaging $15 for the 25's, and $35 for the 32's.... Add approx $10 each for somebody to notch if you plan to use a Colt pattern mag block.  I went with the Hy-Tech block, as I have lots of Uzi mags for use with my Uzi, and I save the not needed notching expense for more mags. [/blue]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
If an uzi mag cost 3 times as much, doesn't that make it expensive?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top