Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2003 4:31:43 PM EDT
I would amagine everything but the upper?

also how hard is it to install a upper, what kind of tools are needed?

and would you hesitate to build on a ASA lower?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:56:08 PM EDT
Yes a complete lower is everything but the complete upper. If you have a complete lower and a complete upper, it is just a matter of pushing the pins and dropping the upper on. If you do some reading in the "Build It Yourself" Forums you can learn a lot. As far as an ASA complete lower goes, well from what I have heard about the companies customer support, I wouldn't use one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:58:02 PM EDT
Installing an upper assembly to a complete lower assembly requires the user to close two push pins. About 5 to 6 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:22:46 PM EDT
I used to have two of them. One required some minor (2 minutes) fitting. Otherwise they were fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:11:08 AM EDT
It's hard to screw up a lower, even for ASA. I bet if you went down to the shop as long as mean Bob isn't there they would still help you put it together if you had any problems. I doubt you will because it is bolt on. Just 2 sliding bolts. And then you can go shoot. I don't know where you are at but I am also willing to help you if you ever need it. So, I gather from all of your posts, you at this point, wan't to buy an ASA lower, and get a good upper from somewhere else. That's is probably how mine will end up as soon as I get a new job. I will keep the ASA lower and get a good upper for it. My ASA upper will become a spare parts platform.
Top Top