Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2003 4:52:55 PM EDT
Guys I just got an new A1 stock a couple of weeks ago.I notice on the assymebly page on the A2 stock, they show a spacer that goes up against the buffer tube where the screw goes in the buffer at the stock. My A1 stock didn't have this spacer. I take it that it ain't suppose to have a spacer??? Thanks guys WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No spacer for the A-1.

You do need a shorter butstock screw. The screw for the A-1 is shorter than the screw for the A-2 by about the thickness of the spacer used with the A-2.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  for the reply. Yeah the A1 stock came complete from CDNN with everything .Buffer tube,spring ,buffer,butt plate and screws.Suppose to be Colt.It went together nicely.Thanks again, WarDawg.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a "wtf moment" when I saw the spacer at first too. [:)]

About a second later I realized what it was/what its function was.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
When the military decided to go to a longer pull stock from the A1, they just changed the length of the stock and used a spacer and longer screw. They were smart enough to leave the buffer tube the same along with the spring, hence they only needed to come up with plastic spacer and longer screw. A lot cheaper than stocking another buffer tube and spring. What a nightmare trying to stock another tube and spring to keep up with. Of course a lot of people will use the longer screw with A1 stock which has caused a short stroke problems when the buffer recoils back into the tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
AHA! There is an aluminium spacer and buffer tube with a milspec finish on it for you extreme tactical fanatics, if you know where to look.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
AHA! There is an aluminium spacer and buffer tube with a milspec finish on it for you extreme tactical fanatics, if you know where to look.
View Quote

Hell, all three of my A2 stocks came w/aluminum spacers. What's w/this plastic BS? [;D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top