Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 3:27:00 PM EDT
I am in the process of building a standard 20" Rifle. I have been accumulating parts and I am ready to put this rifle together. I currently have a 16" Carbine with a collapsible stock. My question is this. Between the stock and lower receiver on the collapsible there is a tear dropped shaped spacer that covers the contour of the lower receiver and also covers the take down pin spring.This spacer acts as a backing plate for the locking ring to snug up the collapsible stock also. Is this piece required when building a rifle with a fixed standard stock or is the stock itself sufficient? I'd like to know because if I need that part it needs to be ordered so I can finish this rifle.

Thanks, Mike D
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:42:08 PM EDT
The Retaining plate is not needed for a standard a1/a2 stock. It just for telescoping/telestyled stocks. The stock itself will hold the rear takedown detent/spring in place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2003 4:15:37 PM EDT by AR-10]
If you put an A-1 stock on, you will need a short buttstock screw. If you put and A-2 stock on, you will need the longer buttstock screw and the spacer that fits between the end of the buffer tube and the back end (inside) of the buttstock. Those parts may or may not come with the buttstock. The spacer I refer to is not the one you were asking about.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:28:36 PM EDT
Thanks Guys! It looks like I can finish the rifle tomorrow with the parts I have. Thanks again, Mike D
Top Top