Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2003 5:48:57 AM EDT
The flash surpressor on the pre-ban Colt lightweight sporter I just bought is not turned to the correct position. The unslotted area that is supposed to be pointed straight down isn't. The surpressor is screwed down tight on the barrel and won't go any further. I'm assuming I'll need to thread the barrel just a tad more to get it right but what tools would I need and is this the right way to go about it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:48:36 AM EDT
take off the flash hider and get some peel washers to get the flash hider to index correctly with the slots facing up as they should be. is the the hbar or the thin bbl if its the thin bbl it needs the A2 flash hider with the flash slots all the around. you can't use peel washers on the thin bbls, thay take the lock washer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:52:39 AM EDT
Thanks, it's the thin barrel not an hbar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:38:44 PM EDT
Crush washer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:42:55 PM EDT
Yes, I love the crush washer. Just get one of those and screw on your hider to the spec torque and align properly. Then your done. Don't tighten a flashsuppessor too tight it will effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:47:09 PM EDT
Where can I get a crush washer?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:23:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:22:47 PM EDT
Crap...there is some guy on the AR boards that sells small parts, and only charges like a buck or two shipping. Can't remember who. Check the EE.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:19:33 PM EDT
Took the flash surpressor off and the washer that was on it had another very thin one attached. Took the thin one out and the darn thing almost came to where it should be. I wonder why would someone have done that! Should the surpressor have a lock washer instead of a solid one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2003 7:40:50 PM EDT by Einrich]
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe: Crap...there is some guy on the AR boards that sells small parts, and only charges like a buck or two shipping. Can't remember who. Check the EE.
View Quote
[url]http://www.georgiaprecision.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:39:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Einrich:
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe: Crap...there is some guy on the AR boards that sells small parts, and only charges like a buck or two shipping. Can't remember who. Check the EE.
View Quote
http://georgiaprecision.com/
View Quote
That's the one!
Top Top