Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 5:48:57 AM EDT
The flash surpressor on the pre-ban Colt lightweight sporter I just bought is not turned to the correct position.  The unslotted area that is supposed to be pointed straight down isn't.  The surpressor is screwed down tight on the barrel and won't go any further.  I'm assuming I'll need to thread the barrel just a tad more to get it right but what tools would I need and is this the right way to go about it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
take off the flash hider and get some peel washers to get the flash hider to index correctly with the slots facing up as they should be. is the the hbar or the thin bbl if its the thin bbl it needs the A2 flash hider with the flash slots all the around. you can't use peel washers on the thin bbls, thay take the lock washer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, it's the thin barrel not an hbar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Crush washer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I love the crush washer.

Just get one of those and screw on your hider to the spec torque and align properly. Then your done.

Don't tighten a flashsuppessor too tight it will effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Where can I get a crush washer?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Crap...there is some guy on the AR boards that sells small parts, and only charges like a buck or two shipping. Can't remember who. Check the EE.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Took the flash surpressor off and the washer that was on it had another very thin one attached.  Took the thin one out and the darn thing almost came to where it should be.  I wonder why would someone have done that!  Should the surpressor have a lock washer instead of a solid one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Crap...there is some guy on the AR boards that sells small parts, and only charges like a buck or two shipping. Can't remember who. Check the EE.
View Quote

[url]http://www.georgiaprecision.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

http://georgiaprecision.com/
View Quote

That's the one!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top