Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2003 2:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 2:24:56 PM EDT by Sage12]
Took the plunge today and became a new AR15 owner!

First of all I want to thank everyone that responded to my earlier post about the gunshow dilema. I decided against both rifles, as suggested, but the I went slightly nuts!

I bought a slightly used pre-ban Colt Sporter Lightweight 16" carbine in very good condition with minor wear to the edges where a little of the finish has chipped off, PLUS a new pre-ban Colt 16" Hbar flat top upper. This was an extremely hard, gut wrenching decision that cost the ole pocketbook $2500.(Now I'm gonna have to sell off a bunch of cowboy guns & gear to help ease the pain. Anybody interested?)

My rationalization for doing this is that my son and I both wanted a pre-ban that had a flash surpressor and that we could put a tele stock on. He also wanted a flat top to accessorize but I wanted a lightweight upper with the carrying handle and A2 sights. Now we both have what we want.

Did I make wise investment or should I start looking for a good proctologist?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:34:10 PM EDT
If it is what you wanted, I would say you did fine. I do think you payed a bit much.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:02:30 PM EDT
Congrats on the new purchases!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:24:14 PM EDT
Don't feel bad Sage, I sold off 3 cowboy guns to get a parts kit and lower to build an AR. By the by, do you ever hang out on the SASS Wire forum? Anyway, welcome to the party. Talk at ya'll later. TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:34:41 PM EDT
doesnt sound to me like he overpayed, one complete preban colt lightweight and a complete colt A3 upper? thats a decent price. glad you took my advice!!!!!!!!! my preban colt is fixing be a collapsible stock/16" superlight as well...............
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:40:50 PM EDT
cowboy guns eh? what single action revolvers you selling?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:44:02 PM EDT
Congrats and welcome to the Club. $2500?... lol, your just getting your feet wet..... --RR
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:42:09 PM EDT
Well, i'm feelin' a little better now. Yep still got a AWA Longhorn SAA for sale in .38spl w/ 4 3/4" blu/cch barrel and walnut stocks. Shoot me an email if your interested Tex. I hang around on SASSNET.com under the alias Hemp Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:09:50 PM EDT
Welcome to the addiction, and there is no cure for it [:D]
Top Top