Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 4:15:56 AM EDT
I plan to purchase one for my standard A2 stocked AR15. Research shows at least 5 different manufacturers. If you OWN one please comment on your experience with it. I dont want it to slide or come loose in the field plus protect the mag to some extent.Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I had CQB Solution's mag pouch on my AR.I chose it because it didn't have any snap (velcro) and it was one of the few available that covered most of the magazine.It also accepts 20 or 30rd magazines but I think most do.It's a quality product and fairly cheap at about $15.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've seen a double mag pouch that holds 20 round mags an slides over a collapsible or standard buttstock.  I can't find out who makes them though.  Anybody know?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Redi-Mag... It doesnt attach a mag to the butt stock, and thats exactly why I would pick it [;)]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a SPEC-OPS brand pouch when I was deployed to Macedonia last year. It was very durable and covers the magazine completely, uses velcro to hold cover closed. Comes in black, woodland, and desert tan.

I like it and have one for an M16 and an M4.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I found this on hunt101.com I saved it to my favorites to find out where to get one, but I haven't checked on it.
I currently have a BHI one. It's older, I haven't looked at the newer ones. The thing I don't like is that you have to leave it alittle loose so you can get the mag in or out. They may have updated it so it can be attached tight and the pouch remains open.
On the site, "story originals" is listed as the manufacturer.

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=54128&c=548&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054128.jpg[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It appears to be an Uncle Mikes. Go to Ranger Joes web site.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll second the Redimag recommendation.   If you are dying to add something to your buttstock, tape a field dressing to it.

Regards,

Quick
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
For something a little different check out this site. I read that a northeastern State Police Department was installing these on their issued weapons. Unfortunately I don't remember which Dept.

[url]http://www.rasestock.com/[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top