Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:24:38 PM EDT
Trying to find opinions on a recommended lower for a .50 beowulf. Just purchased one and now looking to see what others recommend. Also, and built up .50's. Pics?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:07:37 AM EDT
I'm using a Bushmaster, but have bought a stripped DPMS lower that I may use in the future. I don't think it makes any difference. Any quality lower should work with the Beowulf.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
I just used a DMPS stainless steel (black Tefloned of course) lower for my build of a .458 SOCOM. The extra pound of weight the SS offers is going to be appreciated later on. Matches the DPMS upper used for the build perfectly also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:49:48 AM EDT
My Beowulf is on a Mega Gator model with the muti-caliber designation. The lower assembled easily and looks great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:45:15 PM EDT
A friend of mine used a Rock River lower for his .50 Beo... it was a very tight fit to the upper, which I would suspect is good. Any play with that much recoil seems to be asking for trouble. Scot
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:47:04 PM EDT
If you wanna get your freak on, Oly makes a titanium lower...what the hell, it's only money.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 8:05:26 PM EDT by Gunslinger808]
Bushmaster. ETA: I personally would not use a collapsible stock, as every little bit of recoil spring will help reduce wear.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:09:05 PM EDT
I'm using a RRA lower on mine. Fits well. IIRC RRA makes the upper that Alexander Arms uses.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:02:46 PM EDT
Wow, a lot of responses with different lowers. looks like all manufactures, just about, were covered. I was looking at the RRA with the NM trigger, not sure if it would be helpful with the .50 or not. Money is not a problem....to a certain degree... but would like somehting nice and going to hold up to the punch. what are you all using? I was considering the aimpoint
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:07:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:06:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NCClydes: Wow, a lot of responses with different lowers. looks like all manufactures, just about, were covered. I was looking at the RRA with the NM trigger, not sure if it would be helpful with the .50 or not. Money is not a problem....to a certain degree... but would like somehting nice and going to hold up to the punch. what are you all using? I was considering the aimpoint
View Quote
I want to add a RRA match trigger too. I've polished mine up and bent the trigger and hammer springs a bit to lighten the pull some and make it smoother. I'm using a Cabelas Pine Ridge shotgun slug scope on a cheap riser. I'm going to add an EOTech eventually.
Top Top