Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 5:38:49 PM EDT
Didnt take long to install, the way this one is designed, it doesnt produce dust signature and doesnt flash upward and give yea night blindness. :cool:
Couldnt take a decent picture this time of day, will post a differnt picture later.

This is the one I installed, I placed dimples into the barrel and used red lock tite, also once screws where installed and tighten real tight, I used a pointed punch and tacked it, this brake isnt going no where. :abused:

TG
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the same one on my Post Colt and did the dimple and locktite routine too. No problems yet but, I've read they come loose so keep an eye on it. Your rifle looks good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks AtLarge, I also used a pointed punch to stipple/pin the screw to brake,  the screws want come loose under recoil that way.

I done a few other rifles brakes and my 1911 Chip McCormick rear sight,  they never came off.[;)]

TG
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, definitely check that its secure every 100 rounds or so. I had one just like that I bought from CMMG. The set screw kept coming loose about every 100-150 rounds (lake City XM193 ammo). But I didn't have any dimples, so that might help. A bullet caught the edge after it came loose, and I had to have it cut off as it was bent and wouldn't slide off. I had a Cav threaded Comp put on and pinned on my postban after that happened. Hopefully the dimples and locktite will work for you guys, it sure is a good looking brake. Anybody thought about dremeling out the hole to turn it into a flash hider, after the ban sunsets? I have....
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
what kind is it, and where did you get it ?that looks like what i need for my colt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what kind is it, and where did you get it ?that looks like what i need for my colt.
View Quote

If you were asking me;

I had it installed by K2 Sports tactical:
they are a sponsor on this forum. They were also local to me, though. They did a nice job. you can see their work at:

http://www.k2-sports.com/productdetail.asp?ID=104
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Texasgunman,
Where did you find the birdcage brake?  I keep going back forth on the set screw brakes, but that one I like.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=101879[/url]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Noname, that where it came from, I called my order in, think her name was Tina,  she was very nice, also she shipped it to me right away.[8D] Oh, I got a nice free pen and catalog as well. [:)]
My brake came in yesterday, wasnt even exspecting it so soon. [:D]
Went to the gun show yesterday, didnt find what I'd went after, but did find a LBV for my AR mags etc.
Like to mention, my Bushy looks great with the birdcage brake, doesnt look naked now.

Thanks for the replies. [:)]

TG
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks !
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top