Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 5:30:12 PM EDT
My A2 scope mount came in today, installed my Millett red dot sight, also in this picture, is my new 3 point sling, Im currently waiting on a postban clone birdcage brake. Im not so sure that I like this new A2 scope mount.

Comments??

TG
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey TG, you might need a Delta style cheek piece to get a good cheek-weld and still get a good look through that tube.  You could also get a gooseneck mount that would drop your reflex sight down closer to the bore, allowing you to get a cheek-weld and co-witness the irons.

Nice Gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, looks wise, I kinda like carry handle scope mounts. In fact, I'm thinking of mounting a magnified optic to my detachable carry handle (something along the lines of keeping a red-dot on the flattop and having the scope/carry handle rig just in case I should ever need it). However, most of the ones I've seen don't stick out past the end of the carry handle as far as that one does. Btw, who/where did you get that particular mount?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
2Manchu, I'd purchased the A2 scope mount from one of the members here, it is longer, but it  great for mounting long scopes,well as red dot sights. I wanted a scope mount, that I could still use the iron sights if needed, while optic is mounted.
To be truthful, I just like using my A2 iron sights, dont feel the need for optics, but the red dot sight is faster, scope are great for targets 200 yards and beyond.
Usely I do really well, just using iron sights.
I may check into a differnt A2 scope mount, but this one will do for now. [:)]

Thanks for the replies.

TG

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok fellas, I made a few mods to it, any better?[:D]
[IMG]http://www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TMO-Member-Favorite-Battle-Rifles/BUSHYreddot.jpg[/IMG]

TG[:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Shweeet!! That's exactly what I intend on doing with my carry handle. As for optics, though, I'm thinking of trying an IOR Valdada M2. But, yeah, that mount looks more proportionate now. Btw, what did you do to it?...Dremel??
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok fellas, I made a few mods to it, any better?[:D]
[url]http://www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TMO-Member-Favorite-Battle-Rifles/BUSHYreddot.jpg[/url]

TG[:)]
View Quote

Much better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Much improved -- nice clean lines.

jafager
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top