Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2003 2:54:24 PM EDT
just recieved the above handle from model1 sales but it's not marked 1 thru 7 like normal a2 sight but rather 5,10,15,20 with 5 clicks between each number.

what I like to know is if I can sight this in using santos battle zero. If it can be done, how many clicks below the 5 marker would I set it to make it 0 to 200 yard setting
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:24:18 AM EDT
Help Anyone! guessing not many people have experience with these
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:36:15 AM EDT
Thats a National Match (NM) elevation wheel. Its a more precise adjustment, generally used for bench rest work. It also has its own sight in procedure, basically by trial and error, by zeroing at 0 or 1 and adjust from there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:00:27 PM EDT
Great help Tack, now I atleast have a starting point. Since you really seam to know this set-up well can I use this sight with Santos CBZ & make zero my starting point. Or am I forced to sight this in the old fashioned way
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:33:58 PM EDT
I don't have any experience with these, but: It probably has 1/4 MOA adjustments. My RRA does, and I can't imagine how you'd fit detents for anything finer than that on the wheel. Turn the elevation all the way down, zero at 50 yards. Use that for 50-250 yards. Four clicks up for 300 meters (this duplicates the Santose method -- you just don't worry about adjusting the wheel to make the numbers match, since you have a different set of numbers). Call Model 1 and explain the problem; if it's just the elevation wheel that needs replacing, it should be pretty cheap and you can install it yourself. Otherwise you can exchange it for a regular carry handle. jafager
Top Top