Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 2:54:24 PM EDT
just recieved the above handle from model1 sales but it's not marked 1 thru 7 like normal a2 sight but rather 5,10,15,20 with 5 clicks between each number.

what I like to know is if I can sight this in using santos battle zero. If it can be done, how many clicks below the 5 marker would I set it to make it 0 to 200 yard setting
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Help Anyone! guessing not many people have experience with these
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a National Match (NM) elevation wheel. Its a more precise adjustment, generally used for bench rest work. It also has its own sight in procedure, basically by trial and error, by zeroing at 0 or 1 and adjust from there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great help Tack, now I atleast have a starting point. Since you really seam to know this set-up well can I use this sight with Santos CBZ & make zero my starting point. Or am I forced to sight this in the old fashioned way
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any experience with these, but:

It probably has 1/4 MOA adjustments.  My RRA does, and I can't imagine how you'd fit detents for anything finer than that on the wheel.

Turn the elevation all the way down, zero at 50 yards.  Use that for 50-250 yards.  Four clicks up for 300 meters (this duplicates the Santose method -- you just don't worry about adjusting the wheel to make the numbers match, since you have a different set of numbers).

Call Model 1 and explain the problem; if it's just the elevation wheel that needs replacing, it should be pretty cheap and you can install it yourself.  Otherwise you can exchange it for a regular carry handle.

jafager
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top