Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 7:17:53 AM EDT
Hey everone. happy to say i bring home my first AR tomorrow! Its a bushmaster XM15 E2S. cant wait to take it to the range!

dagger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Great rifle, good decision and congrats on the purchase. have fun and enjoy it, because it will be more of those to come in your life time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Greetings dagger.
You will be assimilated!
Oh, and before I forget:

[newbie]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Run while you can! this place will only contract the black rifle disease, and further fuel the addition...before you know it, you'll be left with a set of kick ass customized rifles, and a lighter wallet...

hehehe, j/k welcome

By the way, AWESOME CHOICE!!! Bushmaster is by far the best AR brand out there...you'll buy more....trust me!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrat's!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats and welcome! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome and good luck with the new AR!!! May it be the 1st of many more to come. Enjoy, BobK
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the site, and a great choice of rifle! Once you take it to the range, don't forget to take pics. Also, what configuration is your rifle?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome [beer] Visit often. This place is full of knowledge and how-to's. And yes, you will get the Black Rifle Disease if you hang out long. This site is well known for over charged credit cards, empty checking accounts, numerous domestic fights and an occasional D I V O R C E.

Congrats on the rifle, I have one like you have and I love it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the greeting all! i think i might have the prelim symptoms of this "disease"! i'm already checking out optics and ACE stocks. i've got A2 sights and stuck on it now, and carbine length hand guards. whats are some good optics to check out?

Dagger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything under the sun.
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=18]Optics forum[/url]

edited:cuz it works better when you use the right link.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah i figured that but since i had a thread goin here anyway....thought id give it a shot. i'll make my way to the optics forum soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Say hello to AR. Say bye bye to your money. Because now you need an ACOG, and now you need mounts, and a new stock and new grips, and maybe you want a flash light or how about barrel flutting? I just goes on and on. Its truly a deases.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
and so far i love it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
You’re doomed.
You are doomed to hours upon hours of total satisfaction and enjoyment of the AR15/M16 Family.

Your first assignment is to go out and buy no less than Two Full Cases, each case holding 1,000 rounds of ammunition (your choice of which brand), and expend not less than one half of one case on your favorite range.
Then clean it to perfect cleanliness.
You are then challenged to stop smiling for 24 hours straight.  Having somebody kick you in your shins is cheating.

You know guys, so many people are buying are favorite noise makers here I might have to come up with a Form Letter for new shooters.

Wouldn’t that be nice.
New shooters that is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I got kicked in the shins afterward, didn't do it.
I never smile. My parents thought something was wrong when I came back from the range.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#16]
oh believe me, ive been a shooter for a while, and ive shot AR's before.. came across some money, decided it was time to get one. I'm sure i'll love it, and i'm sure i'll be broke for a looonnng time. it just needs a friend now...

Dagger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Theres also another deezzzzzz that no-one has said anything about, so I'll break it to you.
Now come close and listen carefully.

mags, more mags, and more mags, AND MAHSMAGSMAGSMAGS. Sorry, I get carried away with this subject. I got two 20 rd mags with my new slab-side Colt way back in 69 or so. Never needed more until I logged onto this web site.
I now have 12 20 rounders and 35 30's. Some here have 100's. AND I NEED MORE AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

edit to say Welcome. Great guys here, and someone will have an answer for every ? you may have to make your gunning more better ( ticks my wife off when I say that hehehe ) Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Theres also another deezzzzzz that no-one has said anything about, so I'll break it to you.
Now come close and listen carefully.

mags, more mags, and more mags, AND MAHSMAGSMAGSMAGS. Sorry, I get carried away with this subject. I got two 20 rd mags with my new slab-side Colt way back in 69 or so. Never needed more until I logged onto this web site.
I now have 12 20 rounders and 35 30's. Some here have 100's. AND I NEED MORE AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

edit to say Welcome. Great guys here, and someone will have an answer for every ? you may have to make your gunning more better ( ticks my wife off when I say that hehehe ) Welcome.
View Quote

While I believe that mags are important. Why some many? You cant possibly carry them all. I however, believe in lots of stripper clips, guides and bandoleers. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#19]
WH, me to.  I have thirty bando's fully loaded with 140 rds on strips with a loader pined to each bando. Every 10th round a tracer and 9 rds of 109. I have 9 30 rd mags in my backpack, 2 3 mag holders (30's) and 2 4 mag holders (20's) on my belt. SHTF, yea.
I live in an urban area and have ammo stashed in 3 locations for emers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#20]
so youre saying.... i need..... mags? lol. i'll be sure to get some when i can. ive been seeing some labeled "ENGLISH" at the local shop.. any good?

Dagger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so youre saying.... i need..... mags? lol. i'll be sure to get some when i can. ive been seeing some labeled "ENGLISH" at the local shop.. any good?

Dagger.
View Quote

Yes, but they should only cost 15-20 dollars.
[url=http://www.ammoman.com/AR15MAG2.htm] Check out ammoman [/url]
[img]http://www.ammoman.com/images/SA80.jpg[/img]
They are the SA-80 mags.

edited to add pic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
yep thats them, i'll have to pick a few up at a good price. pretty reliable?

Dagger
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Stick to USGI mags IMHO.

I remember when I got on here and got my first A2 carbine Bushmaster.  Seems like yesterday...

Next thing you know you will be buying a preban flat top and adding a Knight's Free Float Rail system, ARMS mounts and rear sight, Trijicon Scope, Surefire lights and a new trigger.  Then thousands of dollars later you willonly realise that you NEED some quality night vision, a new 1/7 twist barrel to fire the new Mk 242 77 grain ammo and a quick detatch suppressor...

Your doomed my friend, doomed....
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#24]
The consensus seems to be that you should replace the black followers with green followers, or at least trim the black follower. They tend to be a tight fit with 30rnds and a closed bolt. They also seem to be the 2nd most preferred mag after usgi, as far as pre-ban mags go.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
doomed doomed doomed i am then, cause i've already started pricing addons for my NEXT AR. haha. the clock is ticking!

Dagger
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WH, me to.  I have thirty bando's fully loaded with 140 rds on strips with a loader pined to each bando. Every 10th round a tracer and 9 rds of 109. I have 9 30 rd mags in my backpack, 2 3 mag holders (30's) and 2 4 mag holders (20's) on my belt. SHTF, yea.
I live in an urban area and have ammo stashed in 3 locations for emers.
View Quote

One word, SWEEEEET. I like every fifth round tracer the rest ss109s.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Dagger, WELCOME!

I remember how my AR15 family started with one lonely rifle - before I knew it there were three! Worse than rabbits......

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#28]
WarHorse, I choose you for my team. lol
You know, the saddest sight in the world is just one ar15 in your safe. I got a new 16" upper to keep it company, but that dodn't work. Sooooo being the nice guy that I am I got a new lower and built a complete new 15. Damn, now I think that I'am going to be a grand-dad.   lol
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top