Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2003 4:44:48 PM EDT
Is there a way you could alter either the selector of a full auto M16 and prevent the selector from holding the disconnector away from the hammer when in full auto so that it stays in semi auto mode and works in that way when in either semi or full auto mode? There is a reason I am asking this so dont answer "What idiot would want to turn a full auto into a semi auto with a modified selector?"
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:11:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Is there a way you could alter either the selector of a full auto M16 and prevent the selector from holding the disconnector away from the hammer when in full auto so that it stays in semi auto mode and works in that way when in either semi or full auto mode? There is a reason I am asking this so dont answer "What idiot would want to turn a full auto into a semi auto with a modified selector?"
View Quote
Alter it to SEMI AR-15 specs, like you allude to, and it should have the desired effect.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:30:22 PM EDT
Grind down the rib in the middle of the body, that depresses the disconnector in full auto mode. No rib equals no full auto. Did it myself in the old days, when there were no ambi safeties for us southpaws to use, and the lever of the selector would foul my shooting grip w/the left hand. Didn't want to shorten the lever so went to the "Defull autoizing" the safety.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:15:19 PM EDT
So you could "technically" purchase a Knight's 2 stage trigger (full auto) and de-auto the safety and end up with a triger that was semi auto and had both a 2 stage mode and a single stage mode at the flick of a switch right? Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:57:55 PM EDT
Can't help w/ the 2nd question. I've never used an aftermarket trigger, so have no knowledge of what goes on w/them. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:23:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: So you could "technically" purchase a Knight's 2 stage trigger (full auto) and de-auto the safety and end up with a triger that was semi auto and had both a 2 stage mode and a single stage mode at the flick of a switch right? Am I missing something here?
View Quote
Sounds like a pretty cool idea. Please don't keep it a secret if it works out. Sorry I can't help but a call to Knight's might. Glockdog Airborne!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:04:21 PM EDT
So, why doesn't knight just do this? For that matter, why doesn't GGG?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
After doing some research I think the act of holding back the disconnector is what engages the single stage in the trigger so no full auto means no single stage. I would still like to see a trigger design that had a 2 stage semi and could be flipped to a single stage semi in the full auto position...
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:12:07 PM EDT
Million dollar idea. It seems to be on everyones wishlist.
Top Top