Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2003 1:43:27 PM EDT
Please explain the different models to me.
511, 512, 552 what else? whats the difference?
What are "Rev."?
Which one is the best?
And are there any that use 123A batteries?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The 511 & 512 are the "tactical series".  The 511 uses a pair of the little N size Lithium batteries for 70 hrs of operation.  The 512 is the similar, but uses AA's, alkalines give 300 hrs of operation, and AA Lithiums give 500 hrs.

The 551 and 552 are the "military series" and have a third button which turns it to the InfraRed mode.  You press the middle button and it looks like the reticle went out.  It did not, it just went IR.  You can see it with Night Vision Goggles.

551 uses N batteries, 552 uses AA's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
552 AA power for me!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/eotech1.msnw[/url]

Read this review and you will get a better understanding of the sight. It is kind of long but it has all the answers you are seeking and if you have anymore questions, I will do my best to answer them.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Very good write up Lee, I'm running both Aimpoints and EOTechs and have come to prefer the EOTech. I particularly appreciated the comparison photos of the two sights used in conjunction with the PVS 14.

Another thing, I noted the same problems with my Trijicon Reflex that you did with yours.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Chen:

That is a really good write up.  I will be sending a lot of customers there with their Eo-Tech questions.  

Tina Elmore
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top