Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 5:54:52 AM EDT
Ok, I'm looking for an AR rifle and everyone has their preferences.  From what I've read so far Bushmaster is kind of in the lead as to the most talked about and recommended.  I've had an Eagle Arms rifle in the past and it seemed to be a well made rifle and shot well after a headspace problem was worked out with them.  Anyone else have experience with Eagle and would you recommend them or not?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Heard there good,the hell with bushmaster you also hear lots of shit with them !!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Sage12,

Eagle Arms makes a fine rifle.  Armalite and Eagle Arms are the same company that produce two different lines, kinda like Ford & Mercury.  However, Eagle Arms barrels are not chrome-lined.  To some this is no big deal and to others it is.  Personally, I like chrome-lined barrels because I have found they are easier to clean (I'm lazy) and require no break-in procedure (again, I'm lazy).  If you want a chrome-lined bbl then you may want to take a look at Armalite.  If you local dealer carries Eagle Arms he probably carries Armalite too.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
As M4arc has stated, Eagle is a division of ArmaLite.  One other difference is that Eagle carries a one year warranty while the ArmaLite warranty is lifetime.  Both are fine AR's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Very happy with my Eagle preban carbine.
If Bushmaster is in the 'lead' it's b/c Bushmaster simply outproduces all the others [exc. Colt] combined, or close to it.
But Bushies are good too of course and I want a 20" A2.

My Eagle is not chrome-lined but I haven't any issues with this. Handles anything I put through it even during red hot rapid fire.
Hard-to-clean issues? Nahhh.

Edit to add: My gun is a factory-assembled gun. Can't vouch for Eagle-lowered frankenguns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The AR15 I shoot the most is an EA M15A4.  I also have an AR-10A4 with a .260 Rem upper. It also sees a lot of range time.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top