Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2003 1:42:09 PM EDT
These are available for about $1200 on gunbroker.com
Anyone here have one?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:50:12 PM EDT
I've had one for about a month now. I've put several hundred rounds through it, with 100% reliability. The Ace stock is quite easy to get used to. And it has the added benefit of quieting the "sproing" of the buffer spring. The folding sights are functional, and accurate. They see to be a combination of an A1 rear with an A2 front. Although the rear sight does have the A2 aperture. I did add an Eotech 551 to mine. The iron sights, and the Eotech cowitness beautifly. Accuracy is quite good I was able to hold groups to about 3/8 - 1/2" at 25m, with XM193 ball. I just haven't had a chance to get out to the range to see how it will do at 100m and beyond. Fit and finish are on par with any high end AR clone. I really like the feel of the covers on the free floated handguard. I have pretty big paws, and have always found the standard handguards a little small. Overall I am very pleased with this rifle. I had a problem with the milled gas block being out of spec. That caused the front sight to sit too high consquently making the rifle shoot low. This however, was remedied by Bushmaster, no questions asked. You were probably looking for a quick answer, and I wrote a book [:)] And if you look around, I'm sure you could find one for a couple hundred dolars less than that. $1200 is full list price. Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:04:23 PM EDT
I swapped for one at the last gunshow. I really like mine. I was going to build something like it for my first AR building project, but came across the right deal and really think it is a cool rifle. I am interested in some of the removable camo spray paint to see what a desert camo job would look like on it. Just trying to figure out what to do with the foam Doc
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:49:17 PM EDT
Why does it have 2 front sling swivel studs? Bipod/Sling????
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:14:11 PM EDT
I've got the [b]BLING BLING[/b] version. [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=6452[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:29:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe: Why does it have 2 front sling swivel studs? Bipod/Sling????
View Quote
It has one swivel stud. What you are seing is the base of the front sight where the regular sling attatchment usually is. I'm surprised they didn't grind it off and refinish it like they do with the bayo lug. (or lack there of) The reason they remove the original sling attatchment is because it's a free floating handguard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:12:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GI_Brat: I've got the [b]BLING BLING[/b] version.
View Quote
I'm seeing double. I guess that's four blings?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:23:43 PM EDT
GI_Brat - NICE :) Please post more pictures. Are my eyes deceiving me, or do those have a maroon tinge?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:49:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Killbot: GI_Brat - NICE :) Please post more pictures. Are my eyes deceiving me, or do those have a maroon tinge?
View Quote
[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=6455[/img] [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=6457[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:29:13 AM EDT
Very nice, GI_Brat... I just ordered myself one of those, should be here next week. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:04:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Killbot: GI_Brat - NICE :) Please post more pictures. Are my eyes deceiving me, or do those have a maroon tinge?
View Quote
That's Bushmasters trademark.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:08:51 PM EDT
i really, really, really want one!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:16:01 PM EDT
Hey G.I.Brat, do you have sequential serial numbers? That would be intere$ting!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2003 5:32:52 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
Originally Posted By SMV:
View Quote
View Quote
My Bushy is flat black. Edit because I typed that wrong.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:47:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kisara: Hey G.I.Brat, do you have sequential serial numbers? That would be intere$ting!
View Quote
#106 & #107
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:01:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Depends on the lighting conditions. A normal black Bushmaster will become a Purple-people eater under certain light. Obviously, photo flash is one type of light that will turn a Bushy purple. Here is another. Try this one. Apply a normal amount of CLP to the surface. Using an ordinary, old-fashion flashlight (NO hightech "blind-me" lights), and shine it on the surface. Is it now purple ???
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:20:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By G35:
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Depends on the lighting conditions. A normal black Bushmaster will become a Purple-people eater under certain light. Obviously, photo flash is one type of light that will turn a Bushy purple. Here is another. Try this one. Apply a normal amount of CLP to the surface. Using an ordinary, old-fashion flashlight (NO hightech "blind-me" lights), and shine it on the surface. Is it now purple ???
View Quote
I'll try that out later, and then edit this post to reflect the results.
Top Top