Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 12:59:16 PM EDT
I just finished building an AR 15 with a 24 inch bull barrel. I know thre is a specific brake in proceedure and thats the way I want to go along with a log book. Would somone please inform me as to the process?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you check around on the Bushmaster sight, they have a recommended break-in schedule for the barrels.  It took me a minute to find it last time, but it was there.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thank Doc I'm on my way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There’s a lot of differing opinions on barrel break-in.

I think DPMS has a recommended procedure at [url]www.dpmsinc.com[/url].  Unfortunately, the site doesn’t seem to be working properly right now.

Olympic Arms ([url]www.olyarms.com[/url]) has their ideas here:  [url]www.olyarms.com/bblbreakin.html[/url]

You might also want to check out Lilja Barrels view at  [url]www.riflebarrels.com/support/centerfire_maintenance.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Many thank I,ve checked it out lot of food for thoutht thanks again The Outlaw
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top