Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2003 11:54:18 AM EDT
Hi first video you will see me shooting muy full auto subgun on a river, 30 rounds burst WOOT. (argie subgun FMK5)

www.aforkinthetoad.com/leo-subgun.mpg

and here, you should see me again blasting 30 rounds to a bigger river with my full size AR (COLT)

www.aforkinthetoad.com/leo-ar15.mpg

HUNTER.

Edited to say thanks to ProfessorEvil.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't bullets bounce off water? I wonder how far away those bullets landed?  Not trying to be a jerk, maybe at that angle, the second one anyhow, they don't ricochet??  Hope you didn't kill someones cow!  

edit, i kant spl
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the Rio Grande??

Wonder where those bullets landed, goofball.

You should have titled that clip, "How to Never Fire a Firearm", or "Uneducated Foolish Behavior While Risking the Lives of All People within 2 Miles, Parts 1 and 2"

Man, you are just not using your head....
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Won't bullets bounce off water? I wonder how far away those bullets landed?  Not trying to be a jerk, maybe at that angle, the second one anyhow, they don't ricochet??  Hope you didn't kill someones cow!  

edit, i kant spl
View Quote

Depending on the angle bullets could bounce off the water yes.  Not in the vid i'm shooting the AR, no way.  Maybe and just maybe in the first video (subgun) either way, i was POSISTVE no one was on the other side of the river.  That place is where i go hunting a 250,000 (K) acres big piece of land.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
NOT SHOOTING AT WATER SHOULD BE THE 5TH RULE OF FIREARMS SAFETY.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What a rough room! All that was missing was some "for the children" comments.

Glad you had a good time HUNTER!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is that the Rio Grande??

Wonder where those bullets landed, goofball.

You should have titled that clip, "How to Never Fire a Firearm", or "Uneducated Foolish Behavior While Risking the Lives of All People within 2 Miles, Parts 1 and 2"

Man, you are just not using your head....
View Quote

I don't think i like your attitude, read first.  Also, let's not talk about education, Rio Grande doesn't go all the way to South America. Central America is not South America, just thought you should know this. Tell you what, go to www.getalife.com/my/momdidn't_gimmeenoughattention/wheniwaslittle// and GET A LIFE.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Post more cool shooting videos, for the children.  

And ignore the naysayers who can't read.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Post more cool shooting videos, for the children.  

And ignore the naysayers who can't read.
View Quote

Ok
[url]www.aforkinthetoad.com/leo-fal.mpg[/url]

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
cool!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Great video Hunter.

As to firing into water, I seem to recall many years ago that the impact area at Camp Perry was the water (Great Lakes). I don't know if the ranges are still oriented that way or not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NOT SHOOTING AT WATER SHOULD BE THE 5TH RULE OF FIREARMS SAFETY.

View Quote

A bullet rebounding off water loses a lot of energy. I was hit square in the thigh by a .22 LR off a pond that was only about 30 yards wide. I was on one side, my buddy was on the other and thought he'd be funny and splash some water on me. It didn't even break the skin. Still, I wouldn't advise shooting at water with someone down range but otherwise, the round isn't going very far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't shoot water? WTF
Blast away. Knowing whats behind your target (The target does not matter) is all that matters.

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't shoot water? WTF
Blast away. Knowing whats behind your target (The target does not matter) is all that matters.

View Quote

Couldn't agree more.
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#15]
All that being said, how much fish did you shoot/catch?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#16]
At that angle, the bullets out of AR-15 will not bounce off of the water in any way, shape or form.

They will enter the water, slow and stop.

The angle that the 9mm bullets were fired at on the other hand could have traveled some distance beyond the other bank.

Looked like a very remote area to me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

edit, i kant spl
View Quote

-----

Bullets don't bounce off water, or anything else for that matter.

They ricochet, there's a big difference.

To ricochet off of water, they must be fired at a very slight angle. Similar to skipping a rock.

A bullet hittin a hard material such as concrete, armor etc.... will ricochet at steeper angles, but will lose most of its energy and BC in the process and in most cases travel only a short distance and simply fall to the ground.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#18]
BUT? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FISH???? WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF THE FISH???? YOU MIGHT HAVE HURT ONE OF THEM!!! boo-hoo...

Glad you had fun hunter! Seems like some awesome toys you got there! Don't listen to day-job forest-rangers.

Also for all you who were quick to judge him, and thought they majored in physics: It would take an extremely low angle to bounce of the water. Also keep in mind that the surface of the water is not completely flat (it may hit a wave, however small, head on). Thirdly, it'd be spinning out of control, and it would have been most certainly deformed upon impact. It wouldn't have possibly traveled very far past the river. That 2 mile rule applies to a bullet being fired at optimal angle at optimal weather. (without hitting a rock solid surface such as water)
Don't quit your day job.[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for the VIDs, really liked the FAL !!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
It won't work for me.  RealPlayer needs additional software, looks for it, then claims it isn't available.  Everyone else can see it but me?  [:(]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#21]

im pretty sure you need quicktime.

cool videos man.

now i REALLY want a FAL.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Hunter:

Where was the video taken at?  You said something about South America?  Way cool...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Me and a buddy used to frog hunt with a 45.70 falling block. The little buggers used to stay about 7-8 feet out just past the moss line of the stock tanks, and when you shot them with .22s, they would sink in 10' of water never to be seen again. When we used the 45.70, we would shoot about 1' behind them, the concussion of the bullet hitting the water would knock them out, and the splash would throw them up on the bank. Worked like a charm.  ;-)
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Catch anything?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#25]
man, watching that FAL shake up that water really makes me want one. it sort of gives you a feel for the power difference between .308 and the 5.56 (or maybe it's just the angle [;)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]
404, not found

The cheat
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top