Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
Can i ask if anybody got/and uses the cherokee cheek piece. I have a collapsible stock and a handle mounted 4x20 scope. I have only had the gun a few days, but I am still trying to find a place to "anchor" my cheek.

Love this website. Want a tee shirt :-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:35:38 AM EDT
There exists cheek pieces for the collapsible stock. Search on ebay.com and you'll find used one for a cheap price. As for me, I have a full stock AR and I'm using the Delta Cheek piece from Cherokee. It's great for handle mounted scopes but it's kind of awkward with the charging handle since a part of it goes under the cheekpiece when the rifle gets cocked, but I can live with that
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:53:48 PM EDT
Just FYI, the newer Cherokee cheek piece for the telestock has a removable plug to make the hollow area a storage compartment. I think I got mine from Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:50:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AK_Mike: Just FYI, the newer Cherokee cheek piece for the telestock has a removable plug to make the hollow area a storage compartment. I think I got mine from Bushmaster...
View Quote
Mike is correct......just make sure you get the right cheekpiece for your stock. There a couple that fit one style, and one that fits another....They can all be found at Bushmaster's site. The Cherokee is for a full sized stock, originally for the Colt AR15 A2. Expect mixed results with a full sized scope on a carry handle mount......Just shot mine today....oh boy!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:07:40 PM EDT
You can always buy something like this, offered by TDI Arms. [img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/img] ls
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:32:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LordStoner: You can always buy something like this, offered by TDI Arms. [url]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/url] ls
View Quote
and a bread butterer for the toaster, and a driver for the screwdriver, and a three piece thumb protecter/inspector for the hammer.........gadgets R us vs. the real world. Hint: people with computers sometimes allready love gadgets to the exclusion of all else. Lordstoner....I apologise if that was a joke. Otherwise.......hahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:39:13 PM EDT
Thanks to all that posted replies, the advice is much appreciated. I hadn't thought that the cheek piece may interfer with the charging handle, so I will have to have a think about that :-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:46:36 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice. I was particularly interested in your comment re: mixed results with a full size scope? The gunsmith that sold me the gun reckons I will do away with the handle (it's detachable)and fix a scope to the flat top, if I want to get the best from the gun. I have only had the gun for 2or3 days and love the instant choice of scope or iron sights. Perhaps the novelty will wear off :-)
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:22:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Snark1:
Originally Posted By LordStoner: You can always buy something like this, offered by TDI Arms. [url]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/url] ls
View Quote
and a bread butterer for the toaster, and a driver for the screwdriver, and a three piece thumb protecter/inspector for the hammer.........gadgets R us vs. the real world. Hint: people with computers sometimes allready love gadgets to the exclusion of all else. Lordstoner....I apologise if that was a joke. Otherwise.......hahahahahahaha
View Quote
I did mean it as a Joke, kind of. Some people may like that stuff. There must have been a reason why TDI made it in the first place. BButter- Stick with the flattop idea. You be better in the long run. ls
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:02:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bbutter: The gunsmith that sold me the gun reckons I will do away with the handle (it's detachable)and fix a scope to the flat top, if I want to get the best from the gun. I have only had the gun for 2or3 days and love the instant choice of scope or iron sights. Perhaps the novelty will wear off :-)
View Quote
Then get a Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS). The reason for the flat top is the ability to plant a scope in the right position. Do Not mount a scope to the removable carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2003 7:58:57 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
Originally Posted By LordStoner: You can always buy something like this, offered by TDI Arms. [url]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/url]
View Quote
[shock] Holy shnikey! And I thought I was bad with the accessories. Not to rip off the thread, but what's that little hook on the underside (forward part) of that funky stock? I think I may see a hole in the tip of that hook for perhaps a sling swivel?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:19:08 PM EDT
Cherokee & Co. made the orig. cheek pieces for the Colt Delta rifle back in the 80's. They have made quite a few for the military over the years, so it is good stuff and have been doing it for many years. Good shootin, Jack
Top Top