Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 5:58:07 PM EDT
I have a pre-ban Eagle Arms M4C rifle with a removable carry handle. The elevation wheel on the carry handle is non-milspec with no standard markings like a Colt would have reading 6/3 or 8/3 so on and so on.

The wheel is marked 0 - 5 - 10 - 20 etc. I went to the range today and couldn't even get the rifle to zero properly. I set my BZO target up at 83' feet (25 meters) with the rifle set at mechanical zero. I kept the elevation wheel at the lowest setting of 0 since there wasn't the standard 8/3 or proper 6/3 markings. My groups ended up being so high that when I was done with my corrections the front sight post was sticking out over the top of the protective wings and my rounds were still striking high. A few more counter clockwise turns and im sure the front sight post would have popped right out.

This is the first time I have encountered a rifle without the standard elevation wheel markings and hopefully the last. Why would Eagle not use the standard markings?? Is there something different I should have done in this particular situation with a sight like this??

Thanks, DD out!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't by chance put an AR-10 carry handle (or sight) on your ar-15?

That would make an ar-15 shoot real high.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
double posted...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:35:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a factory complete Eagle rifle. Besides from what ive seen the AR-10 carry handles are bigger and shaped slightly different from the AR-15 handle.

It's strange, but I have seen quite a few pre-ban Eagle rifles that have non-standard markings or even no markings at all on the rear elevation wheel. Im at a loss here.

DD out!!  [sniper]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top