Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 4:44:33 PM EDT
Hello,<p>
Could someone help me with this Pre Ban 20" upper. It has triangular handgards, A1 sight and birdcage flash hider. The only markings I can find are on the carry handle. The upper letter is "P" and a little to the left and down there is a "M". I have pics but do not know how to post them.<p>

I would realy like to know the make and value. It seems to be in exellent condition. I recived it in a trade without knowing anything about it.<p>

Thanks a million!<p>
Alex
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm stumped!

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like an A1 or SP1 upper.  The triangle makes it sound old.  But without a Picture I can’t be beyond 90% sure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys. If it is an SP1 upper any idea what would be a fair price to sell it for?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Take the handguards off and check the barrel profile. If the barrel tapers down after leaving the upper receiver and stays the same thin profile to the flash supressor, then you have an M-16A1 barrel. If the barrel is thin under the handguards, but is thicker from the front sight post to the flash supressor, then you have an M-16A2 barrel. If it's thick all the way it's an h-bar.

There should be a 'C' somewhere onthe barrel as well. The 'C' means chrome chamber, the 'M' and 'P' are other inspection proof marks for the inspection process.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the M and P molded into the upper in the recess under the rear sight, or somewhere else on the upper?  Also, are there any markings on the barrel, in front of the front sight assembly?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top