Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2003 9:44:54 AM EDT
Does anyone make a replacement front pivot pin that is similar to Bushmasters anti-walk pins?  The detent for my pivot pin is stuck in the reciever and the pivot pin slides back and forth (falls out) easily since the detent or plunger doesn't make contact with it anymore.  If not, how else can I correct this?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like your missing the detent spring? or maybe its broken?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it to a good AR gunsmith, or call Bushmaster for service instructions.

These parts are easily replaced if defective or damaged, with the right tools.

You try to mess with it yourself and without the right tools or expertise, you may wreck your lower.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping not to mess with the detent that is jammed down in the little hole.  I see that model one has a pivot pin that has a ball bearing detent--would this work?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I see that model one has a pivot pin that has a ball bearing detent--would this work?
View Quote

DPMS, sells one too......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Proper [first undersize] drill bit, finger powered, will dress the opening. Hair dryer will help release the pin/spring. Compressed air to blow thru the weep hole. with pin out, make sure all the spring is out [drill bit will do this if small enough]. If you have burred this up allready, a colt two piece takedown pin is your next step.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top