Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 9:07:28 PM EDT
I have looked at a few telestocks online but they all are collapsable. Since it is illegal to put one of those on my until the sunset hits I would like to get a ATF legal Fixed telestock. Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price. I have contacted Bushmaster and they want over 100 bucks for one. I would like to find one that is cheap as possible...
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:18:43 PM EDT
Try J&T distributing. Do a search as I do not know the url.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:30:58 PM EDT
[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url] or [url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:46:00 PM EDT
Rock River Arms has the pinned CAR stock for $65. Steve at ADCO is great to deal with and has the M4 pinned stock for $74.00. [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 12:34:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:37:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2wayguru: I have looked at a few telestocks online but they all are collapsable. Since it is illegal to put one of those on my until the sunset hits I would like to get a ATF legal Fixed telestock. Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price. I have contacted Bushmaster and they want over 100 bucks for one. I would like to find one that is cheap as possible...
View Quote
Armalite is real good ,love mine but it's not cheap!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:08:23 AM EDT
What about if I buy one off of ebay that collapses and pin it or make it so it wont move? Is this still illegal or does it make it legal?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:28:41 AM EDT
Model 1 Sales is a good place to check with and when you place your order it ships right away. www.model1sales.com
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:41:25 AM EDT
http://joeken.com/s-cart/form.phtml?g_intCatID=309&exPageNO=3 A few here, for under $30, some arent listed on their site. Dont know how good they are. TG
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 3:02:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2wayguru: What about if I buy one off of ebay that collapses and pin it or make it so it wont move? Is this still illegal or does it make it legal?
View Quote
Yes it is legal (just make sure it cannot be "unpinned"), but beware of some (most) of the ones being sold on Ebay. Some of them are crap! Spend your money wisely and get one from a reputable dealer or check out the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:03:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2wayguru: I have looked at a few telestocks online but they all are collapsable. Since it is illegal to put one of those on my until the sunset hits I would like to get a ATF legal Fixed telestock. Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price. I have contacted Bushmaster and they want over 100 bucks for one. I would like to find one that is cheap as possible...
View Quote
I've heard about the Crane stocks, but I guess they aren't available to the public. How do people get these? What's so good about them? Thanks, bd
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:42:13 PM EDT
I imagine that it would be legal to attach a collapsable stock that was not easily adjustable - sort of along the same lines as those stocks that let you put in shims to adjust length of pull. Maybe if it required removing the stock from the rifle with tools or something along those lines? I don't remember how the law reads but that seems like a possibility to me. Anyway, my question was, Is there a way to install a collapsable stock so it can't be adjusted... just in case the ban sunsets so it can be converted to be adjustable?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:23:12 PM EDT
Put an Ace stock on it. They look nice and I have never been a fan of fake stocks. If it looks like a collapsible stock, then that is what it should be.
Top Top