Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 7:19:42 AM EDT
I cleaned my gun and took it to the range where it demonstrated a willingness to jam alot. I put in a new bolt and carrier and it worked like a charm. My bolt is not that will used but I think the problem is the extractor spring and I think I want to replace it. I purchased new springs from wolf. Do you think that is what is needed?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:23:32 AM EDT
What type of jam? Bolt over base? Double feeds? Fail to extract (shell left in chamber? Short strokes? etc... Describe the jam. What type of ammo? What mags? If you changed the bolt/carier, and that cured it, I'd guess you've narrowed the cause, now you need to isolate it. The type of jam will help.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:37:36 AM EDT
type of jam is fail to extract. sometimes the un-extracted shell jams with the next round to be fired.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:58:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rhatland: type of jam is fail to extract. sometimes the un-extracted shell jams with the next round to be fired.
View Quote
I had this problem recently at the range, and it turned out that the extractor spring had completely collapsed. Installed a new spring and guide, and will be test driving this weekend.
Top Top